From bad news come good news

Manu Mach1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tank is down, the tail pipes as well, my dog is happy.

What's this white shit deposit on the tank gauge?

SAM_7390.thumb.JPG.6928b50f13e2e80eb5f5928dc6d336da.JPG

SAM_7392.thumb.JPG.c6c2a30a68ac683eec5e4da6a4ca3b35.JPG

Ready to pull out the engine :)

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll

In the U.S. they are mixing ethanol with the gasoline. It causes all kinds of issues with rubber hoses and also inside the gas tank. I don't think it like the zinc coatings on components in the tank and the tank itself. Even some of the newer cars are having issues with plastic parts failing inside the gas tank. Chrysler is one having big issues. If you can get 100% gasoline and not blended with ethanol it will be better. There are stations here in U.S. that have big banners announcing that they have the higher octane fuel with no ethanol. If the car sits for long periods you need to keep the tank full to prevent moisture from getting into the tank and put gas treatment in the tank like Sta-Bil here is link. http://www.goldeagle.com/STA-BILStorage-Campaign?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=STA-BIL%20Stabilizer&utm_term=fuel%20additive&gclid=CNuvpdCFsckCFcFngQodaZwOEw&gclsrc=ds

Looks like someone had just put a new tank on.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

The car came from US with this new tank, new front and rear brakes, new fuel pump. I wish this car was completly new. It will be, in a fewmonth.

I will never use ethanol, those cars are not made for. In France we can get 95 and 98 octane. I use 95 in the Grandé and it runs with no problem.

Tadaaa... ::thumb::

I like, how everything on your car looks original!

Sweet - your dog is always with you - that's an important mental support by working on a Mustang I wish to have sometimes... ::thumb:: Could he/she bring you the right wrench by naming the needed inch size when laying under the car and not having a hand free :D ?!? That would be awesome :)

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

The radio is not original, a Kraco radio, but I found in the roof the original one I guess.

He doesn't know the tools, when I ask a wrench, he brings me the hammer, when I ask the screwdriver, he brings me the hammer, but when I ask if he wants to eat, he knows exactly what I mean :)

He doesn't know the tools, when I ask a wrench, he brings me the hammer, when I ask the screwdriver, he brings me the hammer, but when I ask if he wants to eat, he knows exactly what I mean :)

lollerz

Sweet :D

Tim

My dog is not good with the tools either but he sure enjoys pretending to help out.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Tim, originally your car came with the vinyl roof?

Yes, it came with one - even found the rests under the window trims...

The previous owner ordered it like the car on the title site of the 1973 sales brochure except the wheels (unfortunately) and the tu-tone hood but with a 4V 351C instead.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates.

The engine is on a stand and I started today to dissasembly it.

I didn't find any gasket on th eaxaust manifolds. The pistons look original.

A few pushrods are bented, no problem, I need a hammer to put them straight :whistling:

SAM_7474.thumb.JPG.5aabdee9e26227be672895c4a0717229.JPG

SAM_7479.thumb.JPG.50d1188f54e802774cfe02d89ff7fbe1.JPG

SAM_7491.thumb.JPG.24ebfd425bbef62d6ac78c1121f6b191.JPG

SAM_7490.thumb.JPG.b7b765427bbe3a21184c9e84a4a3c0fc.JPG

Any comments are welcome.

• 3 years later...

Yes I know already that I don't by how and where to start. Will see.

The engine is not done yet....