1972 mustang seat side lever in pieces any diagrams

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddeennis

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang
I just bought a 1972 mustang coupe and the front seats , someone already tore them down and blasted the frames and painted them black, but they are all in pieces and since I didn't tear them down I need to figure how they go together, on top of that I have no cushions and some bright red seat covers- which I will not use , going black.

So I didn't know if anyone had a link to how the seat parts all fit back together.

Also I have side levers-big round plastic covers, are the back plastic covers that go on the upper seat portion the same between the two seat style.

I need to buy the plastic panels and it seems they only sell one style with the two notches on the bottom, are these the same for the side lever seats?

The seats pictured above are 71 - center release seats.

72 and 73 had the release knobs moved to the outboard ends.

They were easier to reach, but they are still on the back of the seat.

There are two types of center release seat backs for 71. An early version just clips in, later has two screws added. Either of these only has a slot in the center for the release lever, they fit either side.

There are seat backs for 72-73, they have two holes and are left / right side specific.

Can you post a picture of your seats - you say the release lever is on the side... that would be a different year.

Don

Back