Introduction

Stanglover

Hi one and all. My name is Geoff and I live in SW Ontario Canada. My user name is "stanglover" because I am!! I'm in my late sixties, married and retired, no time for myself or car it seems.

I fell in love with 71-73's way back in 1972 when I lived in Birmingham, England. I saw my very first "big Stang" on the main street, downtown. I'll never forget it. It was Grabber Lime, Black interior, stripes and spoilers............ freakin awesome!! I told my buddy "some day I'm going to own one of those" "Yeah right" was the reply. I had no idea that in less than 8 months, I would move to SW Ontario. I bought my first Fastback in '74, a 302 auto. Not the Lime green one, but it was a Mustang! Since then I have owned 3 more Mach 1's. My current Mach 1, a 1971 "M" code 351C, 4 barrel,4 speed was purchased in LA California in 2008. It was in amazing condition, but did need some TLC. I planned on building 'that' car, but when I got into the history off it. I was obvious that it needed to remain closer to original, albeit with some upgrades and dress up. As all these cars are, it is a work in progress, always needs something done, fixed or cleaned. I just upgraded the suspension, stock, but beefier. Love driving it, but our summers are waaaay toooo short!! Soon be time to put it away for winter, but still dreaming of that illusive Grabber Lime 429 J code.......... well I'd settle for another M code though.

Stanglover.[/size][/font]

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome from Iowa

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Hello from Mississippi. An M code 4sp may not carry the prestige of a J code car, but it still does a pretty good job of planting your tail in the seat. Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Welcome from Phoenix! You are going to like it here.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Welcome from Virginia. Great story. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome to the Forum. I know what you mean about retired and no time to do anything. I don't know how I had time to work in the past.

If you find a Mustang counselor let me know I am up to 7 verts and two Mach 1, too many in the herd.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Hi one and all. My name is Geoff and I live in SW Ontario Canada. My user name is "stanglover" because I am!! I'm in my late sixties, married and retired, no time for myself or car it seems.

I fell in love with 71-73's way back in 1972 when I lived in Birmingham, England. I saw my very first "big Stang" on the main street, downtown. I'll never forget it. It was Grabber Lime, Black interior, stripes and spoilers............ freakin awesome!! I told my buddy "some day I'm going to own one of those" "Yeah right" was the reply. I had no idea that in less than 8 months, I would move to SW Ontario. I bought my first Fastback in '74, a 302 auto. Not the Lime green one, but it was a Mustang! Since then I have owned 3 more Mach 1's. My current Mach 1, a 1971 "M" code 351C, 4 barrel,4 speed was purchased in LA California in 2008. It was in amazing condition, but did need some TLC. I planned on building 'that' car, but when I got into the history off it. I was obvious that it needed to remain closer to original, albeit with some upgrades and dress up. As all these cars are, it is a work in progress, always needs something done, fixed or cleaned. I just upgraded the suspension, stock, but beefier. Love driving it, but our summers are waaaay toooo short!! Soon be time to put it away for winter, but still dreaming of that illusive Grabber Lime 429 J code.......... well I'd settle for another M code though.

Stanglover.[/size][/font]

A warm welcome Geoff from Detroit. I'm a Brit and way back in 72 I was a teenager in Chesterfield, just a little farther North than Birmingham and there too was a Grabber Mach 1 that I loved! I now have a red Mach 1 Q code and am so in love! Still got work to do but am loving her more every time I drive her!

Nigel B

1972 Mach 1 Cobra Jet 4 speed