Hello from South Carolina!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdtommy75

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Grande, Medium Yellow Gold, Ginger Interior, 351C
Hi Everyone!

New to the group. I owned a 73 Grande coupe years ago and just recently picked up a 72 Grande to bring back those memories.

Its a 72 medium yellow gold coupe, original paint, 60K miles, original ginger interior, H code 351C, currently an FMX, soon to be a 4 speed.

Car is a DSO 71 car from California originally by way of Texas where I bought it.

Thanks for allowing me in!

Tom

72 Texas Grande 6.jpg

Hello and welcome here, your coupé looks solid, cars from California don't suffering like the one's who come from Mississipi.[/font]

This is my old 73 I owned when I was in the Marine Corps. This would have been 1981 or 82. Car was a stock 351C/C6 when I got it. I modified it...cam/headers/intake, swapped it to a 4 speed, 31 spline rear parts with 4.57 gears. Tossed out everything I thought slowed it down haha.

My 72 will be in the spirit of that old car, but not taking everything out this time!

This is my other car in my signature. Some older guys might remember it. Built by Gapp and Roush in 1975 for a street racer in Detroit, Joe Ruggirello. Purposely built for street racing. Bought new, cut up, and a big block added, set back 10" into the chassis. It was in Hot Rod, Super Stock and Car & Driver magazines back in the 70's.

Engine in the Gapp and Roush car

Tom and Mustang 2.jpg

SDSilverSprings20141_zpsc807a780.jpg

SDSilverSprings20145_zpsdd3aec86.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from SoCal....fun looking cars! Looking forward to seeing what you do on the Grande!

Hello from Mississippi. Nice looking fleet. Am intrigued with your Mustang II. Some may remember a magazine edited by Donald Farr "Super Ford". Thanks to an ex-wife who delighted in throwing out most of my car magazines, I no longer have any of the past issues. In one issue there was a Mustang II in NC that was running a 460 with a well engineered chassis but keep lifting the left front wheel around 100 mph. Owner said it had become a handful to drive, especially on three wheels. Finally gave up and yanked the 460 and replaced with a 351C with the same amount of horsepower but better street manners. Guess it helps if you have something engineered by the "Ford Masters".

Welcome to your new Mustang home!!

Howdy from Phoenix. I like both of your mustangs! Have fun building up the Grande as you see fit. One of the many great things about this site is we support people doing what they want to their cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone!!

The 72 is going to be a blast and bring back some great memories.

Hi South Carolina.

Welcome from Utah. I am new too. Your Mustang looks great! Good job on your new purchase.

Back