Heads up on a non shipper for eBay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1973grandeklar

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V
1972 Mustang 'Q' code Mach 1
I have sent message after message to get a bumper that I paid for. He lead me along until the one month eBay refund coverage ran out.

I should of just turned it into eBay, but I was trying to be a nice guy. All my purchases are now strictly watched and if I do not get something as promised, I turn them into eBay and PayPal.

Just a heads up if you find yourself buying from this guy.

bumper ripoff.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up Jeff. I forgot about the credit card angle.

Paypal covers item not received for longer than ebay

Just go to paypal and file item not recieved

Ebay isn't all it is cracked up to be. I know some sellers are bad news ..BUT.....ebay really took me to the cleaners as well. Remember if you are a seller you have no rights on ebay. I was a member from the first month they started (99 I think) I usually just bought. But last year I sold a mopar cross ram dual 4 manifold (very rare). It sold on ebay for 1K. The party paid for it via pay-pal. I gave them the shipping quote along with the insurance price. The guy said he didn't want to pay for insurance (it was high because of the value) So I ship USPO. I get a tracking number and send it to him. The manifold never shows up. The tracking number only shows my PO nothing more. The guy files a claim against me two weeks later. Ebay or pay-pal (same thing) pulls the money out of my account. I protest and they say they have to do this. So I am out 1K for my manifold 40.00 for shipping 150.00 for the auction fees (ebay wont refund) and to top it off pay-pal charged me a transaction fee for putting the money into my account and again for taking it back out! This total cost was over 1300.00 and I got nothing. I was 100% feed back for 16 years! Well I guess it was my fault for not paying for insurance but REALLY? I closed my accounts for both. Just remember that once you give pay-pal your credit card and bank account numbers you cant stop them from pulling funds out. Sorry about the rant and I realize you were the one taken here. I just wanted to post this to let everyone know that ebay isn't all that great. I only deal with vendors and folks on these sites for my parts. Also the USPO is worthless! As soon as they discovered I didn't insure the package they said they didn't have to do a thing.

thanks

Don

Ebay isn't all it is cracked up to be. I know some sellers are bad news ..BUT.....ebay really took me to the cleaners as well. Remember if you are a seller you have no rights on ebay. I was a member from the first month they started (99 I think) I usually just bought. But last year I sold a mopar cross ram dual 4 manifold (very rare). It sold on ebay for 1K. The party paid for it via pay-pal. I gave them the shipping quote along with the insurance price. The guy said he didn't want to pay for insurance (it was high because of the value) So I ship USPO. I get a tracking number and send it to him. The manifold never shows up. The tracking number only shows my PO nothing more. The guy files a claim against me two weeks later. Ebay or pay-pal (same thing) pulls the money out of my account. I protest and they say they have to do this. So I am out 1K for my manifold 40.00 for shipping 150.00 for the auction fees (ebay won't refund) and to top it off pay-pal charged me a transaction fee for putting the money into my account and again for taking it back out! This total cost was over 1300.00 and I got nothing. I was 100% feed back for 16 years! Well I guess it was my fault for not paying for insurance but REALLY? I closed my accounts for both. Just remember that once you give pay-pal your credit card and bank account numbers you cant stop them from pulling funds out. Sorry about the rant and I realize you were the one taken here. I just wanted to post this to let everyone know that ebay isn't all that great. I only deal with vendors and folks on these sites for my parts. Also the USPO is worthless! As soon as they discovered I didn't insure the package they said they didn't have to do a thing.

thanks

Don
Based on this experience I guess we need to add insurance to the shipping cost, and not make it optional. Good to know. I am glad I have mostly sold items under $100, which are automatically insured.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Ebay isn't all it is cracked up to be. I know some sellers are bad news ..BUT.....ebay really took me to the cleaners as well. Remember if you are a seller you have no rights on ebay. I was a member from the first month they started (99 I think) I usually just bought. But last year I sold a mopar cross ram dual 4 manifold (very rare). It sold on ebay for 1K. The party paid for it via pay-pal. I gave them the shipping quote along with the insurance price. The guy said he didn't want to pay for insurance (it was high because of the value) So I ship USPO. I get a tracking number and send it to him. The manifold never shows up. The tracking number only shows my PO nothing more. The guy files a claim against me two weeks later. Ebay or pay-pal (same thing) pulls the money out of my account. I protest and they say they have to do this. So I am out 1K for my manifold 40.00 for shipping 150.00 for the auction fees (ebay won't refund) and to top it off pay-pal charged me a transaction fee for putting the money into my account and again for taking it back out! This total cost was over 1300.00 and I got nothing. I was 100% feed back for 16 years! Well I guess it was my fault for not paying for insurance but REALLY? I closed my accounts for both. Just remember that once you give pay-pal your credit card and bank account numbers you cant stop them from pulling funds out. Sorry about the rant and I realize you were the one taken here. I just wanted to post this to let everyone know that ebay isn't all that great. I only deal with vendors and folks on these sites for my parts. Also the USPO is worthless! As soon as they discovered I didn't insure the package they said they didn't have to do a thing.

thanks

Don
Based on this experience I guess we need to add insurance to the shipping cost, and not make it optional. Good to know. I am glad I have mostly sold items under $100, which are automatically insured.

I guess it all boils down to you have to trust some what no matter if it is a business or people. It is just a shame these things happen. I don't hold a grudge against any one. Not my way. But a 1300 loss for a retired person was a hit I wont soon get over. I miss ebay as it was a good source for hard to find parts. But I cant forgive them or pay-pay for condemning me for something I did not do. I have my PO shipping receipt to this day. lol

I hope things work out for you with this vendor. But one very good tool is these forums to help stop repeat offenders from making their living from scamming people. In my case this large manifold disappeared from the face of the earth. Which is another thing that haunts me.

thanks

Don

I guess it all boils down to you have to trust some what no matter if it is a business or people. It is just a shame these things happen. I don't hold a grudge against any one. Not my way. But a 1300 loss for a retired person was a hit I won't soon get over. I miss ebay as it was a good source for hard to find parts. But I cant forgive them or pay-pay for condemning me for something I did not do. I have my PO shipping receipt to this day. lol

I hope things work out for you with this vendor. But one very good tool is these forums to help stop repeat offenders from making their living from scamming people. In my case this large manifold disappeared from the face of the earth. Which is another thing that haunts me.
That's a big hit for anyone.

Someone at the USPS in town probably has a Mustang.....;)

When I set up my Ebay/Paypal stuff I made a point of not linking them to my bank or cc accounts. I think that is impossible now the way they have them set up, but to keep from having Paypal tie up all my account funds for even a small dispute (haven't had any yet) I use a specific account just for Ebay/Paypal and do not keep much money in the account, no more than I can accept losing. As soon as it hits that level, I take out the excess funds even if the transaction is not completely over. It is a simple easy thing to transfer money into the account if needed from my regular account. Not as easy to do with the credit card account, but a low limit can help control the damage.

I've been on ebay since 1998 and have sold and bought some pretty big items (ie: cars).

I have a separate account set up with paypal with no debit/credit card attached it.

Back