• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

'71 OEM parts for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 convertible
I am in the process of restoring my 1971 Mustang Convertible.  I bought it in 1980 from the original owner, an old-maid school teacher.  Let's just say that she was a lot harder on the car than an old-maid school teacher might be expected to be.  The car started out life as a base, 6 cyl, 3 speed(!) convertible, diamond blue, black top, white interior with no other options.  The original engine is long gone, so I am restoring the car to something that I want rather than original condition.  It won't necessarily be a car that Ford would have built, but it will have all Ford OEM or NOS parts with proper date codes as much as possible.  Here is a picture of where it is today.  

29a3wm.jpg

The car will have a near Boss spec 302, ram air, 4-speed toploader, air conditioning, power windows, and front disc brakes.  The car is a spectacular grabber blue paint with embedded argent stripes provided by Bremseth Body Shop in Wykoff, MN.  Chrome is provided by AIH in Dubuque, Iowa.  I am sticking with the black top, but upgrading to a deluxe interior with full console and guages.  In the meantime, the garage is starting to clutter up with parts that I won't be using, so to free up some space and some cash, I am offering them here before running them through eBay.  I will be posting some photos on Snapfish and will post a link as soon as they are in place.  Parts are located in southeast Minnesota, and I can be reached most reliably and quickly at mike.griese at att.net.  

All parts are from 1971 unless noted

Here is an updated list of what I have.  There are more parts to come.

Convertible rear quarter glass left and right - non tinted

Door glass left and right - non tinted

Window regulator and track - drivers door

window regulator and track - passenger door

window regulator and track - convertible passenger rear

window regulator and track - convertible drivers rear

SOLD - center dash bezel - standard interior, black

Rear panel top and bottom moldings for eggcrate rear panel

Rear panel top and bottom moldings for standard rear panel

standard rear taillamp panel

SOLD - Steering column, black

convertible top frame, missing one bolt

convertible windshield interior header

left and right convertible top catches with visor bars, used, some pitting

left and right standard interior window sills, white, used, will need painting

Standard steering wheel, black, cracked

ram air hood blanking inserts

SOLD - driver's side remote sport mirror, black(ish)

driver's side hood hinge

SOLD - standard interior mini console with ashtray (black)

SOLD - driver side footwell vent (heater only cars)

SOLD - standard front grill, complete

Rear valence panel - OEM used part from my '71 convertible

2 fuel tanks used

302 air cleaner assembly with snorkle

full set fender skirts 

Headlamp trim rings

left and right exterior door handles - used with typical pitting

SOLD - 2 Standard gauge clusters

Heater box assembly - complete with blower motor and passenger side vent housing

6 cylinder fan shield

SOLD - left and right grill supports

SOLD - left and right cowl to shock tower braces

exterior convertible trim - hockey stick parts have pitting, stainless rear piece is nice

SOLD - automatic transmission, power brake pedal support, brake pedal and cowl braces - refinished, nice!

Left and right standard interior armrest supports - white, faded

left and right standard armrest pads - white, faded

2 sets left and right rear marker lamps used

2 sets left and right front marker lamps used

left and right amber turn signal lenses - new

used starter solenoid

used trunk latch - complete with catch, latch and lock cylinder with key

SOLD - used wiper switch

left and right standard interior door handle releases

one full set and a partial set of M U S T A N G letters for decklid

rear license plate lamp - used

left and right deluxe interior door handle releases - used

left and right deluxe interior door handles - used

emergency brake pedal assembly - used, unrestored

2 manual steering horn buttons/pads, black, used, reasonable shape, pony emblem faded

left and right door lock cylinders, one key, used good condition

original battery tiedowns and handle, rough, could be refinished for driver

center dash support, used, unrestored

2 standard wheel covers, will need repainting of black accents

one set of NOS standard wheel covers - two in original boxes.  None have ever been on a car

SOLD - left and right front retractable seatbelts black, used, decent shape

hood latch

automatic transmission speedometer cable

Full set OEM marker lamps

pair of front marker lamps

SOLD - pair of rear marker lamps

pair front marker lamp bezels

SOLD - rear marker lamp bezels

pair of '73 taillamp lenses and housings

miscellaneous internal door bits - window stops, etc.

left and right drum brake front suspension - backing plate, drums, shoes, brake springs, saddles, A-arms, lower control arm - everything but the spindles and used.

8" rear end

SOLD - Manual transmission, Manual brake pedal support with brake and clutch pedals - complete, but surface rust. Not much pitting - should clean up well.

Make offers

updated May 8 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there!

I am looking for part # C5ZZ-7610962-A the steel reinforcement plate (plus hardware) that goes on the bottom of the car, it bolts to the 2 seat platforms. Cowl to hood ground bracket, dash light, round seat belt warning light, original antenna, quarter windows green tinted (non power windows) and the hardware that hold the chrome trim (hockey sticks) around the back of the top well. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there!

I am looking for part # C5ZZ-7610962-A the steel reinforcement plate (plus hardware) that goes on the bottom of the car, it bolts to the 2 seat platforms. Cowl to hood ground bracket, dash light, round seat belt warning light, original antenna, quarter windows green tinted (non power windows) and the hardware that hold the chrome trim (hockey sticks) around the back of the top well. Thanks!
Unfortunately I don't have any of these available.

I am in the process of restoring my 1971 Mustang Convertible.  I bought it in 1980 from the original owner, an old-maid school teacher.  Let's just say that she was a lot harder on the car than an old-maid school teacher might be expected to be.  The car started out life as a base, 6 cyl, 3 speed(!) convertible, diamond blue, black top, white interior with no other options.  The original engine is long gone, so I am restoring the car to something that I want rather than original condition.  It won't necessarily be a car that Ford would have built, but it will have all Ford OEM or NOS parts with proper date codes as much as possible.  Here is a picture of where it is today.  

29a3wm.jpg

The car will have a near Boss spec 302, ram air, 4-speed toploader, air conditioning, power windows, and front disc brakes.  The car is a spectacular grabber blue paint with embedded argent stripes provided by Bremseth Body Shop in Wykoff, MN.  Chrome is provided by AIH in Dubuque, Iowa.  I am sticking with the black top, but upgrading to a deluxe interior with full console and guages.  In the meantime, the garage is starting to clutter up with parts that I won't be using, so to free up some space and some cash, I am offering them here before running them through eBay.  I will be posting some photos on Snapfish and will post a link as soon as they are in place.  Parts are located in southeast Minnesota, and I can be reached most reliably and quickly at mike.griese at att.net.  

All parts are from 1971 unless noted

SOLD   C4 Automatic transmission with tailshaft  

SOLD   Bell housing 302-C4  

SOLD   starter ring  

SOLD   Torque converter  

SOLD   Splash shield - engine to gearbox  

SOLD   Automatic Transmission shifter and bezel  

Convertible rear quarter glass

Door glass

"new" 302 cam - have no idea what the spec is and it doesn't appear to be a Ford part

center dash bezel - standard interior, black

'73 rear taillamps

Rear panel top and bottom moldings for eggcrate panel

Rear panel top and bottom moldings for standard panel

Steering column, black

convertible windshield interior header

SOLD    wiper arms  

ram air hood inserts/scoops

driver's side remote sport mirror, black(ish)

hood hinges

standard interior mini console with ashtray (black)

302 heads (3 of them)

250 straight 6 complete - ran when removed from car 8 years ago

3-speed toploader with shifter and bell housing, could use synchros

driver side footwell vent (heater only cars)

standard front grill, complete

Deluxe center console, black, cracked in two places, but looks repairable

Rear valence panel - OEM used part from my '71 convertible

fuel tank

I will have lots more as more of my car goes back together and I know what parts I won't be using - like another set of convertible side glass, convertible top frame, heater box, rear seat back and bottom, 302 air cleaner and snorkle, door window regulators, quarter window regulators, exterior windshield trim, inner fender splash shields, rear end, drive shaft, dash, instrument clusters, pedal support/bracketry and more.  Please feel free to email with your needs and I'll see what I have.
Hello Mike,

Do you have the rear window crank handles (short ones) available?  Let me know.

Thanks!

Mac

Mike, what shape are the ram air hood scoop inserts? Do they have the vacum operators attached? I have to restore mine but will look at buying outright if the right scenario is out there. Thanks

I have the plastic blanks and the potmetal parts that bolt to the hood - not the vacuum actuated doors.
Can you post all the parts you still have or is your original post still valid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back