Putting the 71 Spring Special back together

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

york0060

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C 2v, Auto
Here a few pictures of my parents car. All original except for the Boss Hood style paint detail. Just finishing the paint. Engine is dirty now from the body shop dust. I will post more pictures as go.

71 1.jpg

71 2.jpg

71 3.jpg

I think the hood was original too. From what I gather it came standard on the 71 Spring Specials. I stumbled across this info:

"In April of 1971 Ford added a Spring Specials with Boss/Mach 1 style hood, grille, body color bumper, stripes, wheel coverings, vinyl "Halo" roof and whitewall tires. Only 500 were made and was priced $97 over base."

Looking good. You are correct, the nasa hood was standard on the spring specials along with many other Mach 1 type goodies.

A few more pictures, got the front end done, still have to paint the bottom black on the front fenders. Rear almost done. Putting wheels on today and will be putting the stripe's back on later this week, will update with more pictures later.

71 4.jpg

71 5.jpg

71 6.jpg

Got the new wheels on and the new windshield in. The new wheels sure did change the attitude of the car. Lower fender paint and stripes are next.

71 7.jpg

71 8.jpg

71 9.jpg

Great looking car.

I have a customer that owned a "Spring Special" he showed me the window sicker and the documentation that he has on it.

I will see if he can scan it for me and I'll post them up for everyone.

he traded it in back in 1976 for a Cougar, which I bet he wishes he kept the Mustang.

1971_00028_02.jpg

1971_00028_01.jpg

Back