Clutch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL thats what I done leaving the dealership tonight after I found the traction control button.
Don't ya just "LOVE" (dripping with sarcasm) traction control? Seriously what's the point on a performance car? LOL
LOL on the test drive before I bought the Bullitt I found the button and and clicked it off......SWMBO punched me as the tires started spinning...lollerz

Mike,

Once you get it "broken in":) can you report on how you like it? I am going to be putting a new clutch in my Q-code and I have been looking at the Centerforces. I like the sound of them, but I have to admit the price compared to a traditional clutch has me wondering if it is worth it. Would really appreciate hearing about your experiences with the setup.

Did you have to machine some material out of the flywheel for t to fit as mentioned in the old Mustang Monthly article?

~Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,

When we went to replace the clutch, we discovered a previous owner had also installed a Centerforce but only the disk. They could not fit the pressure plate so the old one was used with a new disk!!! When you go to restore an old car you never know what some idiot did to it in the past. Surprisingly, the "used" Centerforce disk was pretty much intact. To install the new pressure plate we needed to tap some pre-drilled holes which a previous mechanic did not want to bother with. I never knew the car had a "bad" clutch. So if half a Centerforce could fool me, it is worth thinking about. I contacted a local Mustang garage and they wanted $750 labor to install the clutch. The reason being, they never need replacing. Can't make any money like that. Yes, I am happy with the clutch. Took about 5 hours in the garage.

mike

Mike,

Once you get it "broken in":) can you report on how you like it? I am going to be putting a new clutch in my Q-code and I have been looking at the Centerforces. I like the sound of them, but I have to admit the price compared to a traditional clutch has me wondering if it is worth it. Would really appreciate hearing about your experiences with the setup.

Did you have to machine some material out of the flywheel for t to fit as mentioned in the old Mustang Monthly article?

~Jim

LOL thats what I done leaving the dealership tonight after I found the traction control button.
Don't ya just "LOVE" (dripping with sarcasm) traction control? Seriously what's the point on a performance car? LOL
I found out why they put traction control on them..........without it you my as well only have gears 3-6 because first and second is useless on the stock 18 in tires:D

traction control I always disable mine in my wife's 99 contour sport.....ok maybe that is why I need a new engine in it?????? Hummmmm???? LOL

My McLeod clutch stated it needed a break-in period of 500 miles of stop and go driving before applying full power...?

Back