New to the group...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pastel Blue

Would like to introduce my latest project, a 1971 429cj J code convertible. 1 of only 42 produced in '71. Low optioned car; auto, A/C, AM/FM radio, tinted windows, bumper guards, sport hub caps. Car is currently in tear down stage for a complete body rotisserie restoration and paint. Arizona car up until the early 2000's, then the son took the car and stored it away in the Spokane, WA area in a dry machine shed environment. Now resides with me in the Niagara Falls, Canada area. Car was on a recent national Mustang magazine cover in September, 2015; shown being pulled out from the shed. I purchased it from the dealer who pulled it out. Big $$ invested, and the real work still to come... However, I have owned many of these cars, one other J Code Mach 1 for 17 year's. This one is special in that it incorporates its original complete driveline line, save, for the missing carb, alternator and distributor. I have searched out all but the correct distributor so far... Anyway, will post pics of the restoration process if the group is interested. Cheers. BTW... trying to post a picture, not sure if it will come through here, patience...

Picture will not post? I get it to upload and then hit the "include in post button", but no luck... What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Let me be the first to welcome you to our site. Your car sounds interesting and as you know is SUPER RARE.

I am looking forward to following your restoration. You might start another thread under 'projects' to post your progress.

Like others have said, you're gonna like it here! :)

Ray

Welcome from W. TN. Glad you stopped in. I have also been responding to your posts on the Concourse forum. Looks like the project is moving along well. Two keys words to remember over the coming months and years Patience and Planning. This a great group of 71-73 enthusiasts who are more than glad to offer any help that is needed. Keep us posted as you progress along and we will be glad to help out with any questions. Again, welcome to our mustang family.

Here is a link to the site's FAQs on posting pictures and other various areas. Rocketfoot is a great site manager and can get most questions addressed with little difficulty if not already addressed in FAQs.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-faq-s

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Sounds like you scored big with that vert. Looking forward to seeing the progress of it.

Welcome from Northern California! Sounds like a keeper glad to see another one is being made right again!

Picture will not post? I get it to upload and then hit the "include in post button", but no luck... What am I doing wrong?
Welcome to the site from West Texas! ::thumb::

I checked the thread, and I'm not seeing an attachment associated with this thread or your profile of any kind. In a Reply text box, you'll need to 'attach' the pic (click "Add Attachment" after browsing to find your pic and inserting into the "New Attachment" blank space - found below in the "Attachments" tab). Once it's attached, you'll need to "Include In Post", where it will add an attachment tag (with the attachment number) into your post - you can move it around if you like, just make sure you get all of the tag code moved if you do so. When you post the reply, it'll show up as a picture. There's a tutorial (with pictures and everything) in the FAQ section.

Hope that helps! Can't wait to see your pics!

Back