Shaky mirrors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelsonlucero

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 Q code
Hello,

I just picked up my car for final shakedown before interior goes in and it's finally done!

I noticed that there is a lot of Shake on the outside mirrors as I drive down the road. However, once parked, it seems that the mirrors are holding tight. I have another card of a different make that has similar mirrors and I don't notice nearly the same amount of Shake...

Does anyone have some input ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Nelson.

Just about anything that is loose will make the mirrors appear to shake, including loose door hinges or latches, bad weatherstripping around the doors, mounting screw holes pulled out so mirror base doesn't set against the door firmly, the screw inside the head that holds the mechanism to the head, or the tension springs behind the mirror.

Just about anything that is loose will make the mirrors appear to shake, including loose door hinges or latches, bad weatherstripping around the doors, mounting screw holes pulled out so mirror base doesn't set against the door firmly, the screw inside the head that holds the mechanism to the head, or the tension springs behind the mirror.
Thanks for the info...

Back