1st Time Mustang Owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M1Vesco

Reaction score
My Car
'73 Mach 1
351C 2V V-8
C6 Auto Trans
Hello Everyone,

I purchased my first Mustang last week. It's a '73 Mach 1, 351C 2V with the C6 transmission. The original owner had taken extremely great care of it, but had recently passed away. His brother, one of the nicest people you could ever meet, sold it to me and shared wonderful stories about the car and his brother. I ensured him that I would also take great care of it, and keep him updated with my progress of restoring this beautiful machine.

I am sure I will have many questions concerning this restoration project in the future, so let me thank you all in advance.

THANK YOU!

29wptvb.jpg

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Feel free to share some of the stories. A lot of the members here enjoy hearing about the history of our Mustangs.

Welcome from coastal Alabama. Feel free to also share those stories with us. Everyone loves to hear a good story.

Welcome from France.

Looks like Mustang's owners are kind people :)

You found a beautifull one, plus you have stories about the car and the guy who took care of it.

Welcome from Phoenix. And congratulations on your first mustang! There is lots to learn and do. It looks like you started off with a great example. I am digging the Mach 1 stripe.

We all like this generation of mustangs and we think you will too. They are more sophisticated compared to the earlier examples. While not up to modern standards our generation mustangs had made some really good improvements on construction, suspension and ride quality compared to the first generation.

Not that we slam on the early mustangs, they are cool too. ;)

So enjoy the ride! Know that the previous owner loved his car. Every time, EVERY TIME, I get in mine it makes my heart race a little and I look forward to the drive. When someone else eventually ends up with my ride I hope they get that thrill too. Motor on!

Back