Choke issues

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72 Green Hornet 4sp

Reaction score
My Car
72 green/green CJ 4sp PW AC
Hi,

I have a 72 q-code 4 speed with the original carb. Just had it rebuilt and I need the bimetallic spring and the choke pull off piece. I figures the spring would be easy to find (not) and the pull off piece seems very specific. I googled motorcraft 4300 parts but nobody seems to have these two items. Any ideas. Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the motorcraft 2100 2150 4100 4300 and 4350 all use the same plastic choke housing and coil. So you shouldn't have any issue with putting a spring on from one of those models.

Hi,

I have a 72 q-code 4 speed with the original carb. Just had it rebuilt and I need the bimetallic spring and the choke pull off piece. I figures the spring would be easy to find (not) and the pull off piece seems very specific. I googled motorcraft 4300 parts but nobody seems to have these two items. Any ideas. Thanks
If the 2100 is the same and you can use it, contact me as I have an electric choke that's just sitting in the box.

These people show having the bi-metal spring. http://www.walkerproducts.com/wp-content/catalogs/carburetor/by-model/ford-motor.pdf

They may be able to help with the choke pull off as well. I can't find a listing anywhere for 72/73 4300D choke pull off but, I know they were used, especially on CA destination cars. It may come down to used, NOS, or "adapting a choke pull off from a Motorcraft 4350 carb. Good luck. Chuck

These people show having the bi-metal spring. http://www.walkerproducts.com/wp-content/catalogs/carburetor/by-model/ford-motor.pdf

They may be able to help with the choke pull off as well. I can't find a listing anywhere for 72/73 4300D choke pull off but, I know they were used, especially on CA destination cars. It may come down to used, NOS, or "adapting a choke pull off from a Motorcraft 4350 carb. Good luck. Chuck
On a lark I went to Rock Auto and surprisingly they did have the correct motorcraft choke pull off (exactly like it should be) and the bimetallic spring. I was surprised that they had it I thought they were just for newer stuff but they do have some factory parts. Thanks for everbody's assistance

Back