Cut to fit plug wires.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Is anyone running cut to fit plug wires?? If so what brand, and how do you like the quality??

I am running Taylors wires now and like them, but they are kind of universal fit so there are some long ones in the bunch. One of my biggest pet peeves on a nice motor is sloppy plug wires.

I bough a set of Summit cut to fit plug wires years ago for my bronco and had nothing but troubles with them and the generic tool that came with them for crimping the ends. Just wondering if someone out there makes a good quality set. I don't really need them but I would like to tidy up my engine bay a little more. Here's what I'm running now. Any input you fine fellas might have is appreciated.

1sgs4z.jpg

I have Summit spiral wound cut to fit wires and like them, but I have a good quality crimper with replaceable dies, so didn't have any problems assembling them nor problems since.

I use the MSD cut to fit and if you use a bench vise to crimp the terminal with the supplied tool it works better than most other factory sets you can buy premade. The wires come with both Male and HEI style terminals and there is plenty of excess wire so you can practice with the ones you are not using. 2 crimps and you are a pro.

Are you running a 3G alternator?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back