what to take to 1st car show

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clonetroop211

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sprint Sportsroof
351C 2V
Tomorrow I will be putting my 04 AB Mach 1 in a local car show. This will be my first car show I've actually entered. I took my daughter to a car show last month and she wanted to put the Mach 1 in and I told her I would find us a local one to do so tomorrow is the big day. I have a few Mustang books and Mustang Monthly magazines with the Mach on front or articles inside, should I take these to lay in the seats or trunk? I was also thinking about taking my AutoArt Mach 1 and putting it on the shaker for display. I'm trying to see what you think about the things above or what do you look for. Thank you.

I only take my car to cruise ins so I don't know exactly.

But I took the best picture I had of my car and all the details of my modifications and upgrades and using a poster creation web site had a poster made up, which I still need to mount on a foam core board.

One regular attendee hands out toy cars that look like his GT-40 to all the younger kids.

I would also consider making a display case for things like a Marti report, a reproduction owner's manual, any literature you might have or a build sheet, ET's from the drag strip, whatever you have that makes your car unique.

I think the Auto Art Mach one would be a cool addition.

Fill the trunk with ice and beer and colas if you want to bribe the judges :0

Thanks for the information. I do have my Mach 1 registry from Ford Performance Group that I could take too, just need a frame for it. I didn't know about the seat belt and that's a good idea.

Take a couple of folding chairs. Some shows are an all day event. You'll get tired of standing or walking around. Chuck

I assume this is a local show and not an MCA sponsored show. I can only speak from my personal taste and some of the judging I have done. I would be conservative on the accessories. The model is a good idea. Original owners manual and sales brochure are nice to display in the trunk. The newer models have relatively small trunks. To judge the car for cleanliness and care it is better to leave more open space in the trunk for them to look around and see the trunk mat and trim pieces. One point that always gets me on trunks is the trunk ledge on the body. The section of body panel between the trunk weatherstrip and quarter panel and bottom of the back glass. Take the extra couple of minutes with a cut down paint brush and sweep out the dirt and debris. Wet the brush with some windex and sweep away any accumulated dirt from collecting in that area after washing and rain. Other than that bring your daughter and a couple of folding chairs and a cooler of drinks. Walk around with her enjoying the other cars and sit by your car to talk with people and share good stories. Try to be available when the car is judged. Usually they do not ask questions, but if they do be available to answer. Have Fun first and foremost.

The car show I'm going to is pretty informal. All of the entrants vote for each other - whomever has the most votes, wins. Simple.

After reading the last 3 posts, I got us 2 folding chairs and a small cooler for drinks. Thanks for that! I'm not sure who will be doing the judging/voting here but I'll most definitely be there to answer questions about the car. I'm hoping to let her answer questions too so she'll be more involved. I'll post some pictures this afternoon.

I do many shows during the year.

Take some drinks, folding chairs, and snacks, and enjoy, as for the car, wipe it down and keep it clean, cleanliness always counts, dealer brochure's and car documentation draws attention to the car.

I assume this is a local show and not an MCA sponsored show. I can only speak from my personal taste and some of the judging I have done. I would be conservative on the accessories. The model is a good idea. Original owners manual and sales brochure are nice to display in the trunk. The newer models have relatively small trunks. To judge the car for cleanliness and care it is better to leave more open space in the trunk for them to look around and see the trunk mat and trim pieces. One point that always gets me on trunks is the trunk ledge on the body. The section of body panel between the trunk weatherstrip and quarter panel and bottom of the back glass. Take the extra couple of minutes with a cut down paint brush and sweep out the dirt and debris. Wet the brush with some windex and sweep away any accumulated dirt from collecting in that area after washing and rain. Other than that bring your daughter and a couple of folding chairs and a cooler of drinks. Walk around with her enjoying the other cars and sit by your car to talk with people and share good stories. Try to be available when the car is judged. Usually they do not ask questions, but if they do be available to answer. Have Fun first and foremost.

BKDunha made some very good suggestions. Especially the trunk ledge area where the water drains. My stepson and I were prepping a 95 Mustang Cobra for a Sunday MCA show. Had it on a lift at the dealership where I worked and stayed till 3am Friday and Saturday cleaning any and everything we could possibly find. This car had been in our family since it was new so I knew how much better it looked now. Guess which area we missed. The trunk drain trough area!

We did use a display that had the widow sticker, SVT certificate, and any other items that were unique to the Cobra. My stepson works with ornamental concrete, so he had painted a small cobra snake ready to strike and placed it by the car.

A lot of people have no ideal the 03/04 Mach 1's were even built so a similar display would look great!

Bring some comfortable folding chairs, a cooler for refreshments, and you and your daughter have a great time!!

A few websites that may help...

http://www.carshowtv.com/2015/03/03/the-10-commandments-of-car-show-etiquette/

http://www.americanmuscle.com/how-to-prepare-fro-a-car-show.html

Best thing to do is relax and have a good time. You should enjoy yourself! I'm no pro but bring chairs, an umbrella, a cooler full of drinks and snacks. If at all possible bring your family. I brought my whole family and a few of my kids friends to the Charlotte 50th Anniversary Celebration... we all had a great time.

Have fun...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back