Shoulder belt holder

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1bad71

Reaction score
My Car
71 coupe Thunder Jet 429,Wieand tunnel ram with dual 650 Holleys, MSD ignition, 270/280 split duration cam, C6 auto with 391 drag pack rear end.
Can someone post a picture of the holder on the headliner that holds the shoulder seat belt up when not in use. Mine were missing and I have no idea what ford used.

Thanks

Don

here are the covers

http://ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=801

front and back image

140.jpg

if i remember the cover pops open there is a bolt hole so you remove the bolt for the shoulder belt from the roof, put the bolt through the belt eye through the plastic piece and then bolt it back into the roof the cover then goes over the belt and snaps into the holder(you fold it) and the front shoulder belt slot sticks out, you then wrap the belt back on itself the front gets supported on the belt bungy hooked on the coat rack hook, the center is supported with the belt clip in the headliner and then the eye of the belt snaps into the plastic piece and locks in.

here are the covers

http://ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=801

front and back image

140.jpg

if i remember the cover pops open there is a bolt hole so you remove the bolt for the shoulder belt from the roof, put the bolt through the belt eye through the plastic piece and then bolt it back into the roof the cover then goes over the belt and snaps into the holder(you fold it) and the front shoulder belt slot sticks out, you then wrap the belt back on itself the front gets supported on the belt bungy hooked on the coat rack hook, the center is supported with the belt clip in the headliner and then the eye of the belt snaps into the plastic piece and locks in.
Thanks for the input. I have these I was talking about the little clips in the other post. But thank you for the reply.

Thanks

Don

Yes thank you. There was one of those in the trunk when I got the car. I couldn't figure out what it was or where it was supposed to go. Do I need just 2? or 4 and where do they go? How do they fasten to the car?

Thanks

Don
Thank you for the information. Looks like I am just 1 short then. These are very different than the mopar ones so I wasn't sure.

Thanks

Don

I believe you only 2. I per side. They slip down into the headliner trim piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have a pair. Due to their small size, they could be hiding somewhere in my basement, or they could be in a drawer in the playroom. I'll look tonight and if I have them, I'll be glad to drop em in an envelope and mail them to you.

yup just 2 of them, there is actually a cut out in the metal headliner trim piece above the door you slide them into the trim piece and move them around a little and they fall into the key'd cut out it should be just forward of center on the headliner.

I might have a pair. Due to their small size, they could be hiding somewhere in my basement, or they could be in a drawer in the playroom. I'll look tonight and if I have them, I'll be glad to drop em in an envelope and mail them to you.
Wow thank you. I had my seat belts just hanging down and with the window down this summer they blew and just about took out my rear window lol. I would be happy to buy them or at least pay shipping.

Thanks

Don

yup just 2 of them, there is actually a cut out in the metal headliner trim piece above the door you slide them into the trim piece and move them around a little and they fall into the key'd cut out it should be just forward of center on the headliner.

[/quote

Thank you for your input. Very helpful.

Thanks

Don

Yes thank you. There was one of those in the trunk when I got the car. I couldn't figure out what it was or where it was supposed to go. Do I need just 2? or 4 and where do they go? How do they fasten to the car?

Thanks

Don
Hi,

Look on the video gallery (eddyw)

buttom "More" above in the right corner and buttom "Video Gallery", you can see this clip it in the movie.(video: eddyw)

It just clip after the long metal section on the headliner.

Don from OMS sells this part.

Greetings from Belgium,

Eddy

Back