My 3000 mile motorcycle trip

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexican

Reaction score
My Car
71 mustang grande
8 states in 5 days and still had time to stop and smell the roses:)

utah156.png

monarch1.jpg

The wife and her spydermonarch1.jpg

utah152.png

Transformers battlefield

utah157.jpg

The weapon of choice for this trip across Oklahoma, Texas, NM, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado and Kansas::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics and glad you had a good time.

Big bikes are remarkably comfortable these days. I still ride a sportster and have logged 500 miles in a 36 hour window on several occasions. Not for the faint of butt.
You got that right lollerzlollerz

My limit used to be about 500 miles a day......not for the seat, but no longer being alert and just mentally exhausted.

After the girl side swiped me on my bike I have not been able to distance ride. I sure miss picking a direction and going.

But I still have all my fingers and toes so I consider myself lucky.

Great trip! I'm glad it went well. We went on a trip to the National Sidecar Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota last June and rode 3200 miles. We also made it out to Montana and Wyoming.

2015-06-28_USCA-2015_0022.gif

IMG_1351.JPG

150627_SD-Rally_8138__Rushmore-Ridelr.jpg

Great trip! I'm glad it went well. We went on a trip to the National Sidecar Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota last June and rode 3200 miles. We also made it out to Montana and Wyoming.
That is my next adventure!, How is the riding around SD? I want to go there but not at bike week, i ride better with smaller groups and get agravated when all the posers start reving their engines splitting my ear drums and then nthey put their bikes back on the trailer:D

Would love to see Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devils Tower and everything in between::thumb::

That is my next adventure!, How is the riding around SD? I want to go there but not at bike week, i ride better with smaller groups and get agravated when all the posers start reving their engines splitting my ear drums and then nthey put their bikes back on the trailer:D

Would love to see Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devils Tower and everything in between::thumb::
I agree with you about not being there during the big rally. I was there in late June and it was great. The weather was nice and the roads were not crowded. We made it to Badlands NP and Devils tower as well as MT Rushmore. After the sidecar rally we spent a few days in Spearfish. We even stopped In LeClaire, IA and visited the American Pickers store on the way out.

IMG_1212.JPG

I agree with you about not being there during the big rally. I was there in late June and it was great. The weather was nice and the roads were not crowded. We made it to Badlands NP and Devils tower as well as MT Rushmore. After the sidecar rally we spent a few days in Spearfish. We even stopped In LeClaire, IA and visited the American Pickers store on the way out.
That will be a sweet ride once they get done with it!!

Thats awesome! I want to ride the SW states. 5 yrs ago I did a ride from Atlanta GA to Banff Canada and back (6400 mi) in 15 days, then this past July Atlanta Ga to Nova Scotia and back (5400mi) in about 17days. Love long trips, but you need a touring bike to be comfortable for sure!

Thats awesome! I want to ride the SW states. 5 yrs ago I did a ride from Atlanta GA to Banff Canada and back (6400 mi) in 15 days, then this past July Atlanta Ga to Nova Scotia and back (5400mi) in about 17days. Love long trips, but you need a touring bike to be comfortable for sure!
You got that right, every year i take a trip to a place i never been before, soo much to see in this great country!:)

We just drove Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Nevada. It was amazing.... here are pictures of the salt flats. They were flooded and it was spectacular, like a endless mirror. 3 to 4 inch deep water so it was like a giant reflection pool.

Edit: for some reason the pictures are flipped in the post. However, it is such a mirror that it is hard to know what's up and what's down.

[Dattachment=35273]uploadfromtaptalk1445520407233.jpg

1971 M-code Mach 1

uploadfromtaptalk1445520385323.jpg

We just drove Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Nevada. It was amazing.... here are pictures of the salt flats. They were flooded and it was spectacular, like a endless mirror. 3 to 4 inch deep water so it was like a giant reflection pool.

Edit: for some reason the pictures are flipped in the post. However, it is such a mirror that it is hard to know what's up and what's down.

[Dattachment=35273]

1971 M-code Mach 1
Even upside down those are some pretty cool pics, never been to bonneville but it is on my list::thumb::

Back