Rear speaker wire question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsbcats

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Fastback 351C
I need some opinions please. My car did not come with rear speakers. It only had the front dash speaker. I'm installing a new Custom Autosound Slidebar and was wondering what the best path to run speaker wires to the back would be. I'm not cutting the deck, I'm just going to put speaker boxes back there so they can be removed when I'm at shows.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a large power wire going back there (subwoofer, amp, trunk battery, etc), try to run your speaker wires on the opposite side. In my truck i run the power wires on the passenger side because thats the side my battery in on and the speaker wires on the drivers side. This is supposed to cut down on interference and "fuzz" though i am no expert.

71-3 did not have rear speakers from the factory. That said, under the sill is the best way to go. I would run them down the passenger side, as the harness for the trunk is on the driver's side.

With a fish wire you can push them through the inside of the rocker panels. In mine it was easy because the rocker panels is partially cut at the top.

1971 M-code Mach 1

Sent from my HP 10 using Tapatalk

Back