Steering wheel replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelsonlucero

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 Q code
Hello,

I am trying to replace my original steering wheel with a grant removable steering wheel security system.

I find that the post (bolt ) sticks out too far from the nut that holds the original steering wheel in place and therefore the grant system hub does not go all the way into place.

Is there an adjustment that I can make so that the bolt does not stick out so far ?

Many thanks for your input.

NL

the grant is suppose to have a spacer included in the kit..it raises it up about 1" and is black camera case colored.

Hello,

I am trying to replace my original steering wheel with a grant removable steering wheel security system.

I find that the post (bolt ) sticks out too far from the nut that holds the original steering wheel in place and therefore the grant system hub does not go all the way into place.

Is there an adjustment that I can make so that the bolt does not stick out so far ?

Many thanks for your input.

NL
Can you post a pick if the new wheel?

-Jim

Maybe there's a small allen screw on the spacer that allows it to slide in and out.... I am not familiar with yours but mine had this small screw and it was hard to figure out at first

1971 M-code Mach 1

Back