Pics of LED conversion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Very nice and a real upgrade safety wise. I am going to do that to mine as well. And if you think the old mustangs are bad I have a 70 superbird that I have to almost use a flashlight to see the dash. Everything works but it is such a dull light it is hard to see. Great thread. Thanks for posting your pictures!

Thanks

Don

I believe everything is 90 degree. A small side note: I also installed the turn signal lights and they are not as blinding as some claim. I actually like how clean they look now when blinking. Only down fall: No dimming function, either ON or OFF. And since I did not take blue globes out of clock, it is still a bit dim, but it does not work anyway.

you got the wrong led if you cannot dim them. the green multi array leds i got are dim-able, you need to remove the blue light filters inside the gauges if you do decide to go LED.

another issue with the multi array is you can get glare from certain arrays on the LED bulb, and or funny reflections of light inside the gauges. i had to black out one led array to stop a really annoying glare issue inside the main instrument cluster, i painted that one array black to remove the issue.

Back