Headliner tack strips

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelsonlucero

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 Q code
Hello,

I am trying to determine whether I have all parts needed to get my headliner installed. So far I have:

1- headliner

2- sail panels

3- headliner bows

4- wind lace

5 - headliner rod retainer (1piece) . I think I am missing one more.

6- tack strips are in a box... Where do these go ?

Any comments, pictures, diagrams are most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Nelson.

Here are a couple pictures of tack strips.

72 Mustang 177.jpg

72 Mustang 178.jpg

Make sure you get the bows in the right sequence. They are position specific. It may be to late, but whenever you remove a headliner leaves the bows in it until you are ready to slide them in the pockets of the new headliner.

Good luck

Here are a couple pictures of tack strips.

Make sure you get the bows in the right sequence. They are position specific. It may be to late, but whenever you remove a headliner leaves the bows in it until you are ready to slide them in the pockets of the new headliner.

Good luck
fantastic... Thank you very much ! Any idea where I can find the rod retainers for the last bow ?

71-3's do not use windlace for the headliner

You can take the windlace and cut it in small strips to hold the headliner while installing it

If you have one clip - make the second one out of some small wire

Don

I think your also missing a couple small narrow springs, maybe someone else can confirm this, i have a couple on mine.

71-3's do not use windlace for the headliner

You can take the windlace and cut it in small strips to hold the headliner while installing it

If you have one clip - make the second one out of some small wire

Don
Thanks so much !

image.jpgimage.jpg

I think your also missing a couple small narrow springs, maybe someone else can confirm this, i have a couple on mine.
Thank you all of you for your great insight !

Will add pics of finished product hopefully soon ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back