Vintage Ford Salvage Yard closing in MN

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/ptd/5277316630.html

Saw this ad on Craigslist. Anyone from the MN area been to this yard? If so comments? Worth the trip from Iowa (about 4 hrs one way)?
I have been there several times for misc. parts. It is a cool place to walk through, but has very limited parts selection for Mustangs. You can find a few things here and there. If you have a part number, Joe can check to see if he has it. There are several semi-trailers with parts in them. I would, however, call before you make a trip.

If anyone gets up there let me know if you see any 66 fairlanes. I have a 66 2DHT and I would buy a whole parts car if I had the chance as it has a lot of rust issues and parts for a 66 are hard to come by.

Thanks

Don

That's what I was thinking - limited Mustang selection, since the listing is 100 cars of all types from 1949-1990, that doesn't leave much room for very many Mustangs. And even then, most likely not all of them will be '71-'73s.

Yes but the good side of that is most Mustang people were always about the 64-70 cars. And ours were left on the table for many years. I have seen far more 71-73 cars in salvage than 64-70's. Their loss lol. I have had 65 , 67 vert, but I like the big body stangs. And I had a 71 C code mach that was the coolest I have ever owned. Long live 71-73 Mustangs. And the BOSS 351 was the Mustang of Mustangs!!!

Turns out I will be going there on Friday - send me a list of wants and I will see what I can do.
Mike,

I would just like to know if they have any 66 fairlane body's(2DHT). I would drive back with trailer for the right body that would have the parts I need. Looking for wheel well trim for it as well.

Thanks

Don

I have been at this place a few years back, I do not live that far away. The cars they have are really stripped. The trouble is, they stripped everything off the cars and put the parts in storage. So it is a matter of getting the parts out of storage, and there is no method to it. It would take someone walking through every semi trailer and looking for a part. I do not think they were that well organized. But they did have several Mustangs of various years, but very little on the cars is left. It could be they have the parts in a trailer somewhere? I might make a trip there this weekend to "look around" again.

If one or two are making a trip this weekend let me know what you find. I would mostly be interested in some interior bits (good luck on that I know).

If one or two are making a trip this weekend let me know what you find. I would mostly be interested in some interior bits (good luck on that I know).
From my perspective, it would work better if I had a list of things to look for rather than coming up with a list of things I found. If there are specific items, there may be enough organization that they will know where to look instead of me being lucky enough to stumble across them.

I was just there a couple of months ago. Like what was mentioned previously, pretty much all of the cars are stripped. There is a couple of 71-73 Mustangs and I did see one Q code. All of the cars are in heavy wooded weed covered area so you can guess what shape they are in. Really nothing in the yard is worth anything. I think all the good stuff is in the mentioned trailors. I would call ahead before you go. Joe(the owner) and his wife are awesome ppl and like to talk. Good luck to those in searching for their parts.

Yes, he could have some extremenly rare part, but you will never find it unless he knows about it and where it is.

There is another place in Northern Wisconsin with a lot of Mustang parts. It belongs to Tim Baxter. 20 years ago he had over 100 65 to 73 Mustangs, and I bet they are most still sitting in that field.

Yes, he could have some extremenly rare part, but you will never find it unless he knows about it and where it is.

There is another place in Northern Wisconsin with a lot of Mustang parts. It belongs to Tim Baxter. 20 years ago he had over 100 65 to 73 Mustangs, and I bet they are most still sitting in that field.
Where at in Northern Wisconsin? I am going to heading to Wisconsin next weekend.

Saw this ad on Craigslist. Anyone from the MN area been to this yard? If so comments? Worth the trip from Iowa (about 4 hrs one way)?
JOES BEEN POSTING IN MINNEAPOLIS craigslist for a yr. now I haven't been there in yrs now as far as Baxters they had a place in Cedar Minnesota and brought parts from the farm (Wisc.) to sell in MN they sold Cedar property 7-8 yrs ago and is a housing development now. I've known about them since they grew up in Minneapolis where I grew up. If your looking for a bargain @ Baxter's they know what the parts are worth.

JOES BEEN POSTING IN MINNEAPOLIS craigslist for a yr. now I haven't been there in yrs now as far as Baxters they had a place in Cedar Minnesota and brought parts from the farm (Wisc.) to sell in MN they sold Cedar property 7-8 yrs ago and is a housing development now. I've known about them since they grew up in Minneapolis where I grew up. If your looking for a bargain @ Baxter's they know what the parts are worth.
Baxter's

Address

3708 Shrider Rd

Shell Lake, Wisconsin 54871

Phone (715) 468-4451

Someone posted on their F/B site the mailbox on phone is always full so good luck calling

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be worth giving Tim Baxter a call about the Fairlane. He might have a car there, can't hurt to ask.

Took a walk around the yard today and this is what I found. Not much salvageable other than some glass, window regulators and maybe some windshields. I found one passenger side leaf guard that I salvaged, which was about it for my needs. I did not get a chance to look in his trailers and buses, but if you have some wants, he knows where stuff is. I have some pictures to post if anyone is interested.

149ysya.jpg

5b2wg.jpg

sytmhv.jpg

24vo08o.jpg

2gsemc5.jpg

281vjox.jpg

ww12fp.jpg

Back