• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971-73 cougar/ mustang parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
None currently
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegJust picked up a 1971 cougar xr7 to part,42,000 original miles.has a really nice ginger console w/ clock,map light(same as mustang)trunk light,power windows,good running Cleveland H-code 42,000 miles on motor.lots of good stuff on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up a 1971 cougar xr7 to part,42,000 original miles.has a really nice ginger console w/ clock,map light(same as mustang)trunk light,power windows,good running Cleveland H-code 42,000 miles on motor.lots of good stuff on this one.
What are you asking for the map & trunk lights?

Mac

Just picked up a 1971 cougar xr7 to part,42,000 original miles.has a really nice ginger console w/ clock,map light(same as mustang)trunk light,power windows,good running Cleveland H-code 42,000 miles on motor.lots of good stuff on this one.

Mac
Map and trunk light are both really nice and I know the map light works.100.00 for both.

I need the harness extension under the dash pad for the map light.
Ok,we can add that to the other parts and figure out a price.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking for the power window wiring going to the two rear windows. Needs to be complete no cut wires from front to rear. Someone cut the switches off the one I have and covered over the holes in the interior panels.

Did the enemy rust take the car or a crash, low miles to part out?

David

If you can, that would be of great help. Also, if you do so, could you measure the height in the middle. However, i understand if you dont want to go through all the trouble because it will take some work to eventually remove them.

1971 M-code Mach 1

If you can, that would be of great help. Also, if you do so, could you measure the height in the middle. However, i understand if you dont want to go through all the trouble because it will take some work to eventually remove them.

1971 M-code Mach 1
You could probably call your Ford dealer parts department and have them look them up. They will have the same part number if they are the same. I ordered Cougar parts at a Ford dealer for a friend.

David

Mac
Map and trunk light are both really nice and I know the map light works.100.00 for both.

[hr

What are you asking for just the trunk light and does it come with.all the wiring for.it?

Mac

Mac

[hr

What are you asking for just the trunk light and does it come with.all the wiring for.it?

40.00 and you get the complete wiring.

Mac

[/

Do you happen to have the front seat-belt retracter we are looking for the right side passenger seat in ginger. Our friend has a 72 Mustang he purchased new and is in need of one..if you could send me an email or private message if you have one I would appreciate it. thanks Mustang68

Mac

[hr

40.00 and you get the complete wiring.

Mac

[/
O.K. - I'll take the trunk light - do you take a U.S. Postal money order?

Mac

cougar and mustang are mostly interchangeable. Wheelbase for cougar was 2 inches longer. So leaf springs won't work but just about everything else (less cougar specific interior trim etc) is the same as the mustang. You could actually put a mustang front end (doors fender) on a mustang or make a cougar fastback with a cougar front end and doors.

One of my pie in the sky ideas,.

Back