Fuel out the Vents

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugbyguytx

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code Stang.
So I sent my AutoLite Carb off to Champion Carb. to get rebuilt... and it looks awesome and seems like it was rebuilt with care. I strapped it on, hooked up all the hoses and turned the crank.. it started!! and then began to die on me.. right as it died, fuel poured out of the vents. Then as I gave it the key again, it started spewing more fuel out... Any ideas or suggestions? Father-In-Law suggests it is a stuck float but seems like that wouldn't be an issues with a fresh professional rebuilt carb...

Like you said, stuck float. You could try tapping the carb body with the handle from a hammer or any non metal object lol to try and "un stick" it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your story sounds like my story although I used Carbontooters - Kurt Praxl Carburetor restoration service. The carb looked pretty when it came back but the fuel fountain problem was never resolved, all in all a poor service and frustrating experience with Kurt Praxl so now it's an ornament on the garage shelf and a new Holley was fitted in its place. End of problems.

Good luck with your carb!

if the float is not stuck, your float setting is too high or the fuel pressure is too high . . the float level it should be 1/2" . . fuel pressure should around 5.5 to 6.5.

Gah. Sent it back to CC and had them look it it. They said it was dirty fuel. Problem is I have a new fuel system and now just added a secondary filter and still...fountain. Added a new fuel

Pump too just in case the pump was pushing to much pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back