Mustang transformation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyostang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 notchback 351c 2v
Hey guys,

So this project has been on going since about 2013 but we really kicked it in this summer and fall. All the original metal that could be saved was retained. Original polyurethane front bumper was restored with a lot of work!!

So far: rebuilt 351 Cleveland 2bbl and FMX transmission, new gas tank, fuel line and rebuilt carburetor, new rear quarter panels and inner wheel wells, new back panel (original between light panel saved), new hood molding, new rear bumper. New 15' wheels and tires, body taken down to the metal, small dents smoothed and a coat of flat black epoxy based primer applied.

Mustang before.png

New metal.png

Back panel 2.png

After 2.png

After Grill 3.png

Thanks Rocket, whaddaya wanna see? There are a lot of gory details!

HOLY SHITE!!

Looks Awesome!!!

Keep the photos coming.

Paul
Looks great!

I think there would be some interest in seeing and hearing about the front bumper restoration in particular but honestly we are picture whores and will look at anything you care to put up.:D

I wish i was that smart:s i need to replace the rear part but i don't have the know how:banghead:

I wish i was that smart:s i need to replace the rear part but i don't have the know how:banghead:
The original old rusty panel had been bondo'ed which was ok but since we wanted to go after as much rust as we could we got replacement panels. If you go that way you have to get the replacement panel, lots of options there. I got a repro and then it was slowly and carefully attached into the body. The housings fit really well and the chrome and smaller trim panel as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back