Big Mistake

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
Well up to now I've done everything my self regarding my engine. Now when it's time to fire up I got my son involved. He's a tech but not sure with Fords. Tring to fire the engine he hot wired the tach and burned the dist module, so lost spark. I have a Mallory Unilite Dist. My Questio...Is it worth use replacing the module at $90 or up grade to eliminate the resistor block with a more current unit.

Alan L

Also could'nt get any fuel up from the tank with a new fuel pump. and my put the old one back on which did work.

Alan L

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Alan what type are you looking for? the #MAL-6100M or #MAL-605. The 605 is more expensive than the 6100M. I had to replace mine and got it for $40 plus $12 shipping. Give Bob at Race-Mart a call Phone: Toll Free (888) 286-9797

Last edited by a moderator:
Well up to now I've done everything my self regarding my engine. Now when it's time to fire up I got my son involved. He's a tech but not sure with Fords. Tring to fire the engine he hot wired the tach and burned the dist module, so lost spark. I have a Mallory Unilite Dist. My Questio...Is it worth use replacing the module at $90 or up grade to eliminate the resistor block with a more current unit.

Alan L

Also could'nt get any fuel up from the tank with a new fuel pump. and my put the old one back on which did work.

Alan L
Sorry for your pain!!! Our kids do not know the old engines like we have!! I have a MSD system in mine so I can not help you. Good luck!!!

Back