fuel line routing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1, 351c 4v, C6 trans, grabber blue with white interior
I'm replacing my fuel line from the fuel pump to carb using a pre bent steel one from one of the mustang parts suppliers.

I was wondering if there are any clamps to hold it in place as it snakes its way from the fuel pump, past valve covers to the carb ? I dont believe I've seen any but seems like there should be something more holding it in position.

Anybody have thoughts on this?

Thanks

The only two connecting points are the fuel pump and carb at the filter inlet. Is it a 2 or 4 barrel? Some of the 4 barrel lines have been problematic with not having the correct bends.

The only two connecting points are the fuel pump and carb at the filter inlet. Is it a 2 or 4 barrel? Some of the 4 barrel lines have been problematic with not having the correct bends.
I have a 4 barrel. This line comes out of the pump, bends towards the radiator and then back toward the carb. Seems like it should hug the block more or maybe its bent to go around the air conditioner or something?

Here is the line routing on a 351 Boss.

090212 244.JPG

With AC I will not have any clear pictures of the line routing with the AC compressor in place. It basically follows the same route. C9ZX has a 72 Q code with AC. He would be a good source to reach out to.

We had to do a little bending when I ordered the line for the 2v engine setup.

From the fuel pump, my bro had it hug the cylinder head much more, that resulted in an increase of pipe length so he made a wide 180 degree bend (portion where its level with the radiator). Ultimately it routes behind the distributor since we've converted to a holley 4150 carb and the fuel inlets are on passenger side.

As long as there aren't any crazy kinks or acute angles impeding flow, you should be all good!

Marco/Andrew bros

Back