I got some AWESOME wheels and tires for the 73!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice vintage-looking wheels ::thumb::

In Germany the TÜV-engineer would get a heart attack if I would drive up with that wheel-combination...
Hey thanks!

Is a staggered rim setup un-common? or just odd for older cars?

Looks like its progressing nicely, wheels fit great. Congratulations and you had fun playing with your cool toys, that's a bonus.
Haha! Yes, it was a great day in the garage!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks!

Hmm, I would say, they are a bit rigorous on that point for vintage cars (older than 30 years). They say that this was uncommon in the Vintage-Mustang-years so it is forbidden.

I have a staggered set, too - I bought it as is and the formerly owner let it be approved as a vintage car by the German Association for Technical Inspection like this. But don't ask why it passed through like this...

You in the U.S. live in paradise - you could bolt on everything which fits on your car and is purchasable... ::thumb::

Hey thanks!

Hmm, I would say, they are a bit rigorous on that point for vintage cars (older than 30 years). They say that this was uncommon in the Vintage-Mustang-years so it is forbidden.

I have a staggered set, too - I bought it as is and the formerly owner let it be approved as a vintage car by the German Association for Technical Inspection like this. But don't ask why it passed through like this...

You in the U.S. live in paradise - you could bolt on everything which fits on your car and is purchasable... ::thumb::
Yes we have it pretty good here!

Where can I find some photos of your car, I struggle a little figuring out the forums.

Where can I find some photos of your car, I struggle a little figuring out the forums.
Here is my resto-thread where you can see my car from purchase till now

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-tim-s-1973-mach-1-rebuild-thread

Are you Jason which made a lot of videos out there with the '73 coupé?!? Awesome!

The first I have seen from you was this

Very inspiring and nicely made ::thumb::

Here is my resto-thread where you can see my car from purchase till now

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-tim-s-1973-mach-1-rebuild-thread

Are you Jason which made a lot of videos out there with the '73 coupé?!? Awesome!

The first I have seen from you was this

Wow, thanks so much for helping me find that...great work there!

It's inspirational to check out everyone else's cars around here.

Wow that is so awesome video off that perfect Ride ?[THUMBS UP SIGN] Congratulations on your build and Nice to see you are so happy ?? Regards Lars DK73

Sendt fra min D2005 med Tapatalk
Thanks Lars! Yeah I kind of felt like a dork in this one but was so thrilled to finally get the wheels after so long and wondering if the measurements were right.

Cool! I've had those exact rims on my radar for quite a while.

Do you mind sharing the specs of the rims like backspacing etc, especially for the front ones?

Cool! I've had those exact rims on my radar for quite a while.

Do you mind sharing the specs of the rims like backspacing etc, especially for the front ones?
Sure thing!

The Fronts are 17x9" with a 4.75" backspace (tire is 255/40r17)

The Rears are 18x10" with a 5.5" backspace (tire is 275/40r18 but needs a 285)

Wow that is so awesome video off that perfect Ride ?[THUMBS UP SIGN] Congratulations on your build and Nice to see you are so happy ?? Regards Lars DK73

Thanks Lars! Yeah I kind of felt like a dork in this one but was so thrilled to finally get the wheels after so long and wondering if the measurements were right.
Yes it is ewsome when you get to the end of a restoration [WINKING FACE] which takes a lot of hard work 😎 But is so great when it is so perfect like yours 😎 Wee are so jealous of what you can do with the cars! It's not possible hear in Denmark to juse those big rims in the back.... Big congrats again on the final version of our Cars 😎 Regards Lars DK73

Hey Jason,

I'd just started watching your videos and was up to the episode with the front suspension replacement. Your thread should have come with a SPOILER alert!

Love the staggered look, I've just landed 17 x 8 and 18 x 9 torq thrusts with 255/45 and 275/40's for the vert. The staggered rims balance out the optical illusion of the rear wheel looking smaller than the front. Luxstang was my inspiration as was this:

0704phr_11_z+1971_ford_boss_mustang+.jpg

...Mickus

Hey Jason,

I'd just started watching your videos and was up to the episode with the front suspension replacement. Your thread should have come with a SPOILER alert!

Love the staggered look, I've just landed 17 x 8 and 18 x 9 torq thrusts with 255/45 and 275/40's for the vert. The staggered rims balance out the optical illusion of the rear wheel looking smaller than the front. Luxstang was my inspiration as was this:

...Mickus
LOL, some of those videos have been up for a while and I didn't even think about the spoiler effect. Well I'm glad you checked them out!

I too have looked at Luxstang for inspiration! This car wont be near as nice as that...and the green one in the photo...WOW

Wow. I never ventured off the build thread till now. Those are my favourite rims! Always was inspired by transam racing and those do it for me. Great find. I spent a year (2 yrs ago) looking for a wheel and tire set up and it was tuff. Thanks for sharing. By the way I like this thread.

This makes them fun too but no single tire on fire here!

30svzar.jpg

Wow. I never ventured off the build thread till now. Those are my favourite rims! Always was inspired by transam racing and those do it for me. Great find. I spent a year (2 yrs ago) looking for a wheel and tire set up and it was tuff. Thanks for sharing. By the way I like this thread.
Thanks, awesome to hear!

DANG! That looks serious. I would really like to hear that thing run...any videos???

Back