Howdy from Seattle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
351C 4v
This site is awesome and amazing! I had a 73 Grande back in college and let it die a slow and painful death due to lack of funds. Fast forward 35 years and I just purchased a very highly optioned 73 vert and I cannot wait to start the sorting process to get it back to full steam. I was lucky enough to work at an auto shop while I had the Grande, so have already done most of the work in front of me, albeit many moons ago. The vert is in pretty nice shape starting out as a California car as there does not appear to be any rust on the body or undercarriage. Factory options for the H code car include A/C, tach and gage package, and competition suspension. Added options include all Mach1 body options, ram air, 4v heads, factory aluminum mags, power windows, tilt steering, rim blow horn, and a power drivers seat out of a 73 cougar. As it sits the suspension is soft and needs replacing and there is a nagging hesitation at idle when you first hit the gas. Future plans include upgrading the intake and carb, possibly with a blue thunder and 770 Avenger, headers, AOD swap, 3.89 Truetrac rear end, big break kits front and rear, 17" Cragars, and of course the front end and suspension work. We'll see how long the wallet holds out. Thanks again for all the contributors on the site. Tons of great info. Hopefully I'll be able to hand out advice to others after a while.

Scott

Welcome Scott, I just joined right before you...Great place! Enjoy! Gary

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Well that sounds like a good car to start with and your plans sounds promising. :)

Welcome.... i was just in your city for a layover..... took the tram to the market, ate some calamari and back to the airport.

1971 M-code Mach 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy from Phoenix! I love the convertibles! I can't wait to see some pics. You will like the forum because there is a lot of information specific to our cars and the people are really friendly and helpful.

Back