Roller idler arm/ bearing available?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 351-2v Convertible
1973 351-2v Mach 1
1973 351-4V Q code Mach 1
64.5 Coupe
65 convertible
65 cobra kirkham
I'm looking for a roller idler arm / bearing for my 73 power steering car. I've looked at open tracker and Chocko stangs websites but don't see them listed. I've also emailed Dan @ Chocko Stang tonight.

Any leads or thoughts ? I wanted to do this since I'm freshening up my front suspension.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Just curious, did you go ahead with updates this to a bearing type? My understanding is that Ford designed these to be tight to assist in steering return to center when you let go of the wheel.

No resolution yet. The return to center is a function of the alignment and the power steering control valve internal to the steering box.

I'm looking for a roller idler arm / bearing for my 73 power steering car. I've looked at open tracker and Chocko stangs websites but don't see them listed. I've also emailed Dan @ Chocko Stang tonight.

Any leads or thoughts ? I wanted to do this since I'm freshening up my front suspension.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I bought a USA made idler arm from NPD, # 3355-1 pro grade. This one has grease nipples, so it likely has a bearing or bushing. Obviously an improvement over just solid rubber. The downside is that I needed to hog out material from the top mount hole to match my frame. The instruction did say that this may need to be done if I remember, lost the instruction sheet. Also a similar subject was posted here by Blmeis on 02/05/16. check this thread out if you have not already done so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back