A little remodling on my 71

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1bad71

Reaction score
My Car
71 coupe Thunder Jet 429,Wieand tunnel ram with dual 650 Holleys, MSD ignition, 270/280 split duration cam, C6 auto with 391 drag pack rear end.
I have been working to make my car a BA street cruiser instead of a quarter mile car it was going to be. We decided it was too cool to be a race car. So installed delux door panels a nicer steering wheel and a shifter that is more user friendly. Also trying a newer look on the front with modern head lights and a front spoiler.

2nhi5ab.jpg

1hqf7.jpg

15o9jm0.jpg

eu4npy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now with pictures lol always have problems getting them to load.

Thanks

Don

I am considering more modern wheels for a more pro street look. So any suggestions on a tire/wheel look that is pro street with out tubing the car? Not sure what would fit under the back with out going outside the fender wells.

Sure reminds me of my first Mustang (minus the bird catcher on the hood).

e8xJYYoemLjup6fU9VJywgtcypUz__JlPqwdaTerbG0=w566-h211-p-no

Nice stance and contrast between the black and the chrome. I like those 5 spoke wheels but I do think some raised white letter tires would break up the dark expances of the wheel well areas. Just my opinion.

Nice stance and contrast between the black and the chrome. I like those 5 spoke wheels but I do think some raised white letter tires would break up the dark expances of the wheel well areas. Just my opinion.
Yea the scoop isn't just a statement. I had to put it on because of the weiand tunnel ram. It only clears the carbs by about 1 1/2 inches. And I didn't want them sticking out into the elements. White letters might be cool. I kind of want that pro-street look. Wider in the rear and lower profile. You just cant get that look with 15 inch rims.

Thanks

Don

Wow that is one beautiful Racing Ride ?[THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars DK73

Sendt fra min D2005 med Tapatalk
Thank you I have never taken it down a track. 500+ HP and want to make a pro-street out of it now. Wife says it is too nice of car to race. lol

Thanks

Don

Last edited by a moderator:

Yea the scoop isn't just a statement. I had to put it on because of the weiand tunnel ram. It only clears the carbs by about 1 1/2 inches. And I didn't want them sticking out into the elements. White letters might be cool. I kind of want that pro-street look. Wider in the rear and lower profile. You just cant get that look with 15 inch rims.

Thanks

Don

Wow that is one beautiful Racing Ride ?[THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars DK73

Thank you I have never taken it down a track. 500+ HP and want to make a pro-street out of it now. Wife says it is too nice of car to race. lol

Thanks

Don
Tub it, cut it, go pro, have fun, live your dreams ::thumb::

Well Don it's up to you as what you want 😎 But that's still 500++++ that is ready to go there and Race down the track /street! And it would be great to hear it running one day on a video 😀😎[THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars DK73

Back