73 convertible resurrection

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew73conv

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang convertible 351c
HI everyone, just found this great site. I am in the process of restoring a 1973 Mustang convertible. It didnt look that bad when i bought it 6 years ago. It drove okay until the engine spun a bearing and destroyed the block. I started dismantling the car and opend a can of worms or should i say rust. Nevertheless i havent given up hope. So far i have replaced rear tail light assembly,passenger inner wheel well, passenger quater panel,rocker panel, passenger side floor pans front and back, rad support, all the fender aprons front and back driver side and passenger. Iam currently working on the driver side inner wheel well ,quater, panel rocker panel and floor pans. The original engine was a 2V 351 cleveland, i was lucky enough that i knew someone who had a complete 2V 351 cleveland that needed to be rebuilt. I had a custom engine builder who rebuit it for me. The trasmission (C6) has also been rebuilt with a heavy duty shift kit and a 2800 stall converter. I hope to have some progress pics up pretty soon.

Thanks Andrew

Right on Andrew! When all complete and road worthy, you'll experience that amazing feeling that many of us enjoy everytime we fire it up and take it out for a spin. ::welcome::

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard and don't forget to post some pics soon!

::welcome::

Hi Andrew and ::welcome::

Your story sounds familiar.

Somebody on this board posted a funny answer on one of my posts that said something like "It would be too easy to start with a clean car, wouldn't it?"

I guess that pretty much sums it up. :)

Welcome to the forum. Stay focused!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back