New from Florida

Metallicblue68

image.thumb.jpeg.efdf1dc8637ee6c4f9e6745118403176.jpegI am new to the 71-73 mustangs. I have owned tons of other mustangs but this is the first 71-73 I have had the chance to own. I picked up this car from a guy that owned the car for 18 years and never saw it run. Picked it up changed the gas and battery and played with the timing and the 351C fired right up. Cant wait to get it completed resorted.

Great find!

There's no stopping a cleveland!

Good luck with your project.

Paul

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

Welcome to the site from Virginia!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Don't tell the ex owner the car runs, after 18 years he couldn't fire up the engine, he won't be happy :)

Welcome to the site.

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll

Hi From Phoenix! Thanks for saving the Mustang, looks like a good project!

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Welcome from Iowa!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from the Black Hills of South Dakota! You found a great site!

If you ain't afraid (even a little) then you ain't going fast enough!

Welcome from N.C..

I got a 65 coupe once that the kid had been working on for years and could not get to run. His mom finally told him it had to go since it would not run. I drove it home after getting the wires in the right place on dizzy. He was sick.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Guest Pastel Blue

Welcome from Niagara, Ontario... Currently restoring my recently acquired '71 convertible. She goes in the restoration/paint shop Monday... Thank God, can't stand to apply anymore paint remover, scrap, paint Remover, scrap... The lousy part is done, the fun part starts when she gets back from the restoration shop. Enjoy your project! Cheers

Oh I told them! I did some quick bodywork and primer paint job and took it to a Mustang Car show in Lakeland. Told them if they wanted to come check out the car they could see it run and drive. Best $500 car I have ever bought. LOL

Don't tell the ex owner the car runs, after 18 years he couldn't fire up the engine, he won't be happy :)

Welcome to the site.

10408792_10206089039122116_1774920499401288643_n.jpg.8bfabba98d4ec1340426f884ce04a323.jpg

This is just two months after I bought the car. New Floors, New Gas Tank, New Trunk Floors, New Rear Bumper, bodywork and primer paint job. I felt she deserved to be shown off at a car show since she hadnt seen the road in 18 years.

Nice work.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)