Pround new owner of a 71 mustang grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam_71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang grande
Hello everyone ive been looking for a forum to get info and share my car im building. Most mustang forums are dedicated to the old 60's cars or the more modern cars and lack the 70-73 aspect i finally found this site and joined up.

My car is a 1971 mustang grande that has a 2v 351c ,c6 trans, and 9inch rear

the good:

car runs engine is great

trans shifts nice drives nice

rear end is solid

all the parts are there

the bad:

rust in floors (making patch panels already)

needs body work and paint (have everything to do it)

needs good wheels and tires

breaks need work

ill attach some pics (fenders are not bolted on yet so keep that in mind i know they are way off)

Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you aboard!

Looks like a great project! Keep us posted with lots of pics! Plenty of helpful folks here to help along the way!!

::welcome::

thanks glad to be here im kinda in a debate i have a gallon of white paint i could paint the car or restore it to stock ford red (looks orange to me but whatever)

welcome!! looks and sounds like a good foundation to start. my 72 grande has much more rust to deal with. i would paint it white but thats because i'm cheap. use what ya got, kmow what i mean. i saw a white 73 coupe online once.looked awesome.

i thought about a ram air hood to but i dont know i like the look and the flat black stripes down the side what do you think ?

thanks guys im bringing it to the shop this weekend i wanna paint it this month it will be drivable very soon and thanks for all the welcome messages thats really cool sounds like a great site already

Welcome! Looks like it's a really good car to start with. There is a lot of good guys here to answer any question and cheer you along.

Welcome Adam, it was nice chatting with you.

It looks like you have a nice project.
thanks again for all your help this site has already been crazy helpful all on the first day i joined thanks everyone so much and thanks again for the chat droptop73

Hi Adam and ::welcome::

Is that just me or are those shock tower braces bent? (Especially on the passenger side?)

As for the color: I'd say that if the car is something very special like a rare option car or a full options original Mach 1 or a Boss, then restore it to factory specs.

If it's just a regular Mustang than go ahead and do whatever you want. It's your car, make it look the way you want it to.

I did the same with mine. Tore everything off I did not like and painted it the color I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back