• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Air gap intake manifold for a cleveland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71 'stang

Reaction score
My Car
A 1971 Mustang Coupe was my first car,
Now rebuilding a '72 Qcode Mach 1.
351/4speed
Hey guys. Im looking to buy an Edelbrock Air Gap intake for my cleveland. Part number 7564. Figured Id ask here first to see if anyone has one for sale before I give money to summit or jegs. Thanks!!

71 'stang

I do not have one for sale. I do, though, have an air gap intake manifold for my 302 V8 and highly recommend to install an Air-Gap manifold to help cool the air/fuel mixture.

Please note this in the description: Runners are tuned to move the power band 1,000 rpm higher than Performer Air-Gap manifolds, from idle-5,500 rpm up to 1,500-6,500 rpm.

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive used the 302 version aswell on another car i had, aswell as on a few friends cars. Good intake and a considerably noticible difference in performance over the standard 'performer series' intake

I had one on my old 351 2v engine and it woke that thing up quite a bit, it is an excellent intake manifold.

Last edited by a moderator:
One question: are you concerned with having functional Ram Air using factory components?

If so, the Air Gap manifold has a higher deck height than a stock or standard Performer intake manifold, so the factory air cleaner will not fit properly with the Ram Air hood plenum (there won't be enough room for the hood to close without crushing something).

If not - good luck, and I hope it does what you want it to. ::thumb::

Mister 4x4, i know what you mean about the intake height. I am not using a factory ram air setup, but my concern is hood clearance in general with a decent aircleaner! May have to do a little customization to the fiberglass hood!!

Back