Following conversations from recent posts related to damage that ethanol gas causes, what is the better choice for my 351c 4v if I have a choice? Non ethanol 91 octane (Noname brand) or 93 ethanol (Sunoco/ Mobil)? Will there be any performance difference between 91 and 93?

Thanks

In everything vintage I've tried, non-ethanol 91 performs better than E10 93 octane juice.

Mike

Black 1985 GT

Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1

Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's

Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390ci, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Following conversations from recent posts related to damage that ethanol gas causes, what is the better choice for my 351c 4v if I have a choice? Non ethanol 91 octane (Noname brand) or 93 ethanol (Sunoco/ Mobil)? Will there be any performance difference between 91 and 93?

Thanks

Unless your running a high compression motor over 10:1 you don't need "high" octane gas. just find the stuff without corn squeezin's in it.

Live, Laugh, love

ECTA, Ohio mile Landspeed record holder

C/GALT-136.36, AA/FALT 159.38 mph, New B/GALT Record 180.577mph- speed is the need !

you will find out depending on your engine and its internals.

you put 91 in and if she starts to ping then you go with 93 and cross fingers.

you can run an engine on anything but lower octane means you need to dial back the timing or introduce more fuel down the intake manifold.

the octane ratings have dropped since the 1970s even after lead was phased out there was 106, 109 at the pumps over time they dropped the octane down.

my opinion is use the highest octane you can reasonably afford and don't go crazy looking for race fuel. non-ethanol is better but even i don't go out of my way to find it. i setup my engine for 87 octane but i use 93 octane.

SteveO_71,

There is a website for Pure Gas plus you can get the iPhone and Android application called Pure Gas. I am fortunate to have a location close by. I have been using the Pure Gas in my 1971 Mustang for awhile.

http://pure-gas.org/

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

72HCODE,

Dag Nab-it! Maybe one day soon. It may help to look at the websites of Sunoco, Gulf, and other vendors since you can add stations to the list.

Also, I did find this product!

http://www.trufuel50.com/

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne