New to the site

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonely cruser

Reaction score
My Car
Just got my 72 grande three day ago. It belonged to a friend that passed away earlier this year. The plan is to build the car the way he would have. He was a big fan of building sleepers. With that in mind, I am planning on installing a 72 429/220hp out of an LTD that I have had for a very long time looking for the right thing to put it in. I know he would have loved it.
Hi, everyone! I am new to the site and new to owning a Mustang. I am not new to building cars, but I really didn't expect to take on one now at my age [63]. However, a good friend of mine had plans to do this car for years, but left this mortal coil before getting to it. After several months of negotiation [and a lot of pestering from my grandson], I finally bought the 72 Grande from the estate.

The plan is to build a tribute to our friend the way he would have. He was very prone to building sleepers, including an 82 Olds Cutlass with a maxed out 454. With that in mind, I just happen to have a 429 out of a 72 LTD that I have hung onto for many years looking for the right car. I'm sure my friend would approve.

As soon as I can, I will post some photos and hope to hear from some of you soon. Thanks for any input.

Hi and welcome from Arizona. I am sorry about your friend but and happy you are taking on his project. Thanks for saving an old mustang and you will like this site!

Hello from Mississippi. Since your friend liked "Sleepers", I'm sure your 429 Grande' project will cause him to look down and smile. You'll find many friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, folks on this site, many who have done similar type engine swaps. When you get a chance post some pictures of your project car.

Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Sounds like a good plan and I'm sure your grandson is excited. There are of lot of members here of social security age, so join right in.

Welcome from West Texas!

A very nice thing you're doing. I have an '85 Suzuki GV1200GL Madura motorcycle that falls into that same category. Good luck with it - you won't be disappointed when you get it all done.

Hi, everyone! I am new to the site and new to owning a Mustang. I am not new to building cars, but I really didn't expect to take on one now at my age [63]. However, a good friend of mine had plans to do this car for years, but left this mortal coil before getting to it. After several months of negotiation [and a lot of pestering from my grandson], I finally bought the 72 Grandé from the estate.

The plan is to build a tribute to our friend the way he would have. He was very prone to building sleepers, including an 82 Olds Cutlass with a maxed out 454. With that in mind, I just happen to have a 429 out of a 72 LTD that I have hung onto for many years looking for the right car. I'm sure my friend would approve.

As soon as I can, I will post some photos and hope to hear from some of you soon. Thanks for any input.
Between a 429, 454, and 460, what do you thing is best? My Cleveland w/somewhere @ a solid 350 hp, w/9.5:1 compression, solid lifter,....really loaded for some good ramming around on the back streets, might seem a little loaded down however to see her perform, a project in putting together a nice video at the track is a future project. Lookin fwd in seeing your Grande. I'm a modifier myself and always looked at taking a 71-3 Grande and putting a Targa Top on it.

Back