Memories

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang convertible, 351-4v
4 speed, bright red, original owner
MCA National show winner
I met my wife the day after I picked up my 73 Mustang that I ordered. Below is a picture from 1973 of me and my girlfriend that is now my wife. Larryimage.jpg

Nice picture. I need to dig up some old pics of me with the 73 and scan them into the computer. Was your car originally copper or is the the Kodachrome fading :)

Do you think that was a coincidence? You meet the girl the day after you got the Mustang? :)
My sisters worked with her mom at a local ice cream shop called "Carvels" but I never met her daughters.

I had a 72 Mustang convertible that I had also ordered and my sister was looking for a different car so she asked if I would sell her mine and I could get a new one. I thought about it and decided it would be nice to have a 4 speed and I really liked the red on the Mustang So I ordered exactly what I wanted, my sister was selling her car to a friend at work (which turned out to be my wife's mother)

I had to follow my sister to their house to drop off the car while I was taking the plates off my sisters old car her friend came out with her daughter and son My sister introduced us I asked the daughter if she wanted to go for a ride and as you see she said yes... Here is an old picture of my 72 after my sister sold it in 1975 it was never seen again it was painted orange in 1974 wish I new what happened to itscan0002.jpg

I think I might have posted this photo before. This is a picture of my girlfriend and now wife standing behind my 72 Mach 1. I bought the car new and started dating her right after I got the car. We have been married 42 years and have many memories of that car. We brought our daughter home from the hospital after she was born in that car. My daughter is about to turn 40 next month. I asked her the other day if she remembered riding in the Mach 1 that day and she just gave me a funny look.LOL

I would love to see my old Mach 1 again but am pretty certain it was not a survivor and does not exist anymore. For those of us that had these cars when they were new we will always have those memories. I just wish I had taken more pictures of the car back then. Oh yeah, yes I did have long hair back then, it was the early seventies so what can I say!

image.jpeg

I think I might have posted this photo before. This is a picture of my girlfriend and now wife standing behind my 72 Mach 1. I bought the car new and started dating her right after I got the car. We have been married 42 years and have many memories of that car. We brought our daughter home from the hospital after she was born in that car. My daughter is about to turn 40 next month. I asked her the other day if she remembered riding in the Mach 1 that day and she just gave me a funny look.LOL

I would love to see my old Mach 1 again but am pretty certain it was not a survivor and does not exist anymore. For those of us that had these cars when they were new we will always have those memories. I just wish I had taken more pictures of the car back then. Oh yeah, yes I did have long hair back then, it was the early seventies so what can I say!

You don't look like you were old enough to drive. We all had longer hair back then.

Glad you at least saved a picture.

Great photos, thanks for sharing. I've tried to restore them as best I can:

image2_zpshuubux9l.jpg

image4_zps5zibzkf8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back