Deluxe door panel conversion

Hey all -

I recently bought a 1973 mustang mach 1. It came installed with the standard three button door panel. I want to change it out for the deluxe woodgrain panels, but I'm not sure if I have to modify any clips/handles/locations of anything, etc. I want to know If I can simply put the new panel on and everything will line back up, or if I need to change anything.

Thanks for your input!

~Tyler

Love is all you need.

I don't think you have to change anything, it should all line right up.

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

Hey all -

I recently bought a 1973 mustang mach 1. It came installed with the standard three button door panel. I want to change it out for the deluxe woodgrain panels, but I'm not sure if I have to modify any clips/handles/locations of anything, etc. I want to know If I can simply put the new panel on and everything will line back up, or if I need to change anything.

Thanks for your input!

~Tyler

You need those parts an maybe others:

Hey all -

Thanks for your input!

~Tyler

I will get the woodgrain inserts, and the door handle latches are already in. I just want to know if they need to be moved anywhere different to accommodate the deluxe door panel

Love is all you need.

Hey all -

Thanks for your input!

~Tyler

I will get the woodgrain inserts, and the door handle latches are already in. I just want to know if they need to be moved anywhere different to accommodate the deluxe door panel

inside latch and pulls or different !!

+1 Iyman - imusa76

I don't think you have to change anything, it should all line right up.

I just did this to mine. The only difference is the handles them selves as stated. But the delux handles will not bolt on to the inside latch. I made an extension for mine to lower the handle to the opening and fastened it to the hole that the standard handle used. Looks and works right. Otherwise you have to tear the latch out to install a delux latch. As far as the delux parts for the panels (wood grain , trim and etc. ) I have an extra set of them just missing one door pull.

If you ain't afraid (even a little) then you ain't going fast enough!