Broken drivers side door mechanism

sprint72

Recently the interior door latch on the drivers side broke. Oddly enough on the same door the outer latch became unattached while i was attempting to refuel the car. I cannot get the drivers side door open now! I have tried using a slim jim but it has not worked..Does anyone know if when using the slim jim what direction i need to pull once it's hooked on the latch assembly? I am really trying not to cut the interior door panel to gain access to the mechanism....I'd appreciate any tips regarding this ..

i had a problem like that i ended up pulling out the driver seat from the pass side of the car. and had to remove the door panel , reach in to rotate the star lock from inside the door/ it was not a fun time but it worked

a slim jim hooks the rod that pulls the door lock handle up, that unlocks the door so you can use the outside handle to open the door.

with the lock broken internally pulling that rod for the handle will have no effect, you will need to remove the drivers seat from the passenger side.

and with the window on the drivers door rolled up, take apart the door panel cover and access the inside the of the door. once inside can you try the star lock or there is a smaller rod that lifts the latch on the door striker nob, that would allow the door to be opened,, then you will have to take apart the lock and see what broke, and most likely get some replacement parts.

i had a problem like that i ended up pulling out the driver seat from the pass side of the car. and had to remove the door panel , reach in to rotate the star lock from inside the door/ it was not a fun time but it worked

Thank you for your reply...i appreciate it and i will try that

a slim jim hooks the rod that pulls the door lock handle up, that unlocks the door so you can use the outside handle to open the door.

with the lock broken internally pulling that rod for the handle will have no effect, you will need to remove the drivers seat from the passenger side.

and with the window on the drivers door rolled up, take apart the door panel cover and access the inside the of the door. once inside can you try the star lock or there is a smaller rod that lifts the latch on the door striker nob, that would allow the door to be opened,, then you will have to take apart the lock and see what broke, and most likely get some replacement parts.

Good Morning..thanks for your reply...although i tried to avoid cutting that darn panel to gain access to the mechanism i think you're right with your recommendation....take care