clock repair

John J

My clock died a few weeks ago and I wanted to get it fixed. It needs a quartz's conversion. I was wondering who was the best and the cheapest. Has any one had there's fix recently? I found a old post on this subject but it was from 2011. I found this vendor on EBAY and they want 150.00 to convert it. Here is the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quartz-Conversion-Service-for-1971-1973-Ford-Mustang-Clock-/252114446098?hash=item3ab3312712:g:V1IAAOSw4HVWEuNt&vxp=mtr

John J

ISI is the only company that converts the General Time (GT stamp) movements to quartz. The GT set mechanism is completely different from the Borg (B stamp) mechanism and ISI has a proprietary method/movement/mech that they do not share.

Bob

Tachs, Voltmeters, Headlight kits, Wiper delays and more at

http://www.rccinnovations.com/Images/smlogo.jpg

Rocketman's Classic Cougar (and Mustang) Innovations, LLC

I just had the consol clock on the wifes 73 Grande switched over to a quartz movement by a guy down in CA. for $140 + shipping , his turn around time is about 2-3 weeks

ISI is the only company that converts the General Time (GT stamp) movements to quartz. The GT set mechanism is completely different from the Borg (B stamp) mechanism and ISI has a proprietary method/movement/mech that they do not share.

Mail back from:

Instrument Services, Inc.

4075 Steele Drive

Machesney Park, IL 61115

800-558-2674

Thank you for your inquiry.The price to convert your clock to quartz is $ 130.00(per clock)plus shipping and handling. This price includes us installing the quartz movement, cleaning up the case, buffing the lens, polishing the bezel and repainting the hands.

The line time is approximately 2 weeks.If you decide to send your clock/clocks to us, please include a detailed note listing the year, make, and model of the vehicle along with your name, address, and phone number.

Thank you,

Instrument Services, Inc.

ISI ISI ISI