Chrome arm rest bases

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean the chrome door handle pulls? Can you show us a picture?

These go behind the armrest and yes this is a lower model door panel . Most are colored . I will try and get a pic
I went looking and found a car on eBay that had them. Never saw them before. All but one car I have has the deluxe and the one that is standard is colored.

Might be tough to find.

David

Do you mean these? If so, I don't think they are chrome. Any of the Mustang suppliers carry these but I don't think they have chrome. arb1_1.448.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The arm rest bases on the 63,65, and 76D standard interior cars were color coded to the interior color. The part numbers were not Mustang unique and were actually sourced from the 4 door 71/72 Galaxy/LTD and Maverick cars. Most of the big Fords were color coded also. But there was a chrome base listed for one trim code that would also fit the Mustang.(D1AZ-5724144-H) If you really wanted the chrome bases you'll probably need to search the big Ford sites to see if anyone is offering those. If not maybe you could find a salvage yard that has not crushed everything in site and find them. If you can't find any, and your really set on having chrome bases you could order new ones and have them chrome plated. The 65-66 had chrome arm rest bases on the standard interior and they looked pretty good!

There is one chrome one listed on eBay for $109 from Evansville IN.

After looking at the chrome base pictures posted by David, I believe if I had a standard interior Mustang I would be very tempted to go chrome. I would purchase new bases from OMS or CJ's and have them chromed. (Hemmings is a good source to find those type of services) The one on E Bay while a little pricey does at least show how good the chrome base would look. The number ending with "A" on the box is actually the number for black but the base they show does look good. Good luck with your project!

All,

As you can see, the chrome base, door arm rest was installed on

A………Ford/Galaxie/LTD

B……Fairlane/Torino/Falcon

S……Thunderbird

347jk3c.jpg

Source: Ford Motor Company Master Catalog, May 1975

So, I hope this information will help the forum members locate the chrome arm rest base. IMO, I think they look better on the door.

Mustang7173

David-you had a pair on a parts car you posted photos of in the door wire loom thread http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-71-power-window-conversion-wiring-harness-holes?page=2 lol
Jeff,

Your are right man you know more about what I have than I do, LOL.

I went back and looked through pictures and yes it had the chrome bases with the standard door panels with P.W.. The Marti supported the P.W..

Pics attached. Will go pull the bin out of the car with all the pieces in it and look at them they are probably toast. I am moving some of the cars Saturday to a friends shop until mine is up and going.

Good memory Jeff,

David

After looking at the chrome base pictures posted by David, I believe if I had a standard interior Mustang I would be very tempted to go chrome. I would purchase new bases from OMS or CJ's and have them chromed. (Hemmings is a good source to find those type of services) The one on E Bay while a little pricey does at least show how good the chrome base would look. The number ending with "A" on the box is actually the number for black but the base they show does look good. Good luck with your project!
Going from memory here again and those die each day. I think it requires a certain type plastic to allow the vapor deposition process. I would make sure the repo parts are the right material and check with the supplier of the chrome before ordering.

David

DSC_0933.JPG

DSC_0937.JPG

Back