Matching interior colors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty1

Reaction score
My Car
1#-73 Grande Coupe 351 2V, FMX, 3:25, A/C, Needs some TLC to get it back on the road or make it go away.
2#- 73 Grande Coup, same drivetrain, but is a resto mod with 16" tires and wheels, is a daily driver and mama's birthday present
I received my interior parts order from NPD last night and found the upholstery set listed in their catolog on pg 8, P/N : UD-13-65-BCW as MEDIUM BLUE, it is the only "blue" color they list. Sadly it is DARK BLUE and not the correct color match to the head liner P/N : HC-13-C and sun visors P/N : VH-13-C that I also ordered that DO MATCH my interior. I received a call this morning from them and they verified the problem and told me that they will work on the problem and that most vendors use the same suppliers. So be aware if you go to order your interior parts. This is by no way a slam against NPD, only a heads up to others as to what I encountered. If we lived in a perfect world, we ALL would walk on water...

Great tip! ::thumb::

Considering how much we spend on our projects to get everything the way we want it, 'staying focused' rather than 'simply assuming' should be the rule, not the exception.

I know I wouldn't have bought 2 wiper motors, or 2 dimmer switches, or 3 DVMs and over 300 each red & blue butt connectors, had I stayed a little more focused and kept better track of what stuff I'd bought and where I stored it. ;) :whistling: :D

This is mama stang and SHE wants it RIGHT AND TIGHT.... YES DEAR, YES DEAR

Dusty1,

One of my biggest gripes is some of the reproduced parts are just not up to Ford OEM specs. My take, is if you are going to reproduce it, at least get it as close as possible to the original in fit , form, and longevity. Most of the reproduced rubber parts will not last 5 years. I know this from experience with the Re-Pop products.

Mister 4x4 - I with you on that one!

mustang7173

Back