'71 Mach Quarter Glass Weatherstripping

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cigarguy

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1, 351 Cleveland
Looking to replace the weatherstripping around the quarter glass panels (non-wind down). The only thing I see available, which I don't need, is the vertical pillar seal. So is the section I'm looking to replace just the tail end of the roof rail strip? The diagrams I see online look like it dead ends before it hooks around to finish off the bottom horizontal edge of the glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking to replace the weatherstripping around the quarter glass panels (non-wind down). The only thing I see available, which I don't need, is the vertical pillar seal. So is the section I'm looking to replace just the tail end of the roof rail strip? The diagrams I see online look like it dead ends before it hooks around to finish off the bottom horizontal edge of the glass.
I believe the roof rail weatherstripping goes around the top and down the rear vertical part of the qtr window. At the bottom horizontal edge of the glass is the beltline "fuzzies". I'm not sure but I think you have to purchase it in a kit. I maybe wrong. Is this what you mean? wsbl12.jpg

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Any advice on securing the the outers on the 1/4 glass? Should I just use regular weather strip glue or do I need additional sealant to waterproof it?

The outer seals attach to the body with snap in clips and a screw

Don

Back