• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Decor Molding (2 sets)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
First Set (best condition):

I have one complete set (10 pieces) of Decor molding off of my 73 Convertible and another set that is missing one piece, that I purchased off of eBay back in 2008.

I purchased a reproduction set of molding back in 2010 and learned that the two front pieces are different on the 73's than the 71/72's so I reused my 2 old front pieces that are part of the valance, therefore there are two NEW moldings for the 71/72's. My old set had a bent drivers door molding, so I have used the better molding from the eBay set to make a nice complete set. I'm asking $120 plus shipping for the complete set with the two new valance pieces. The condition is very good and would be fine for a daily driver.

Second Set:

The second set, which has some rough pieces in it is also missing the left front piece that goes between the front wheel and drivers door (only 9 pieces total). That's the way I bought it off of eBay. The drivers door molding also has a bend in it (this piece is the original piece off of my car). The body shop guy that painted my car said it could be straightened but I had already bought the new repo set. This set has some rough areas and one piece has a lot of fine pitting. I believe there is a thread here on the site that talks about polishing and buffing out anodized molding.

I paid $126 with shipping for the eBay set, but felt I got ripped off at the time after I received it; so make an offer for the set missing a piece as I don't think it was worth what I paid. Not interested in breaking it up unless no one wants the 9 piece set.

The top tail light panel molding in the pictures in the second set I will sell separately for $10 plus shipping.

First I will post pictures of the complete best set. Lots of pictures so you can see what you are getting.

http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Mi... Parts for Sale/PC130629_zpsf9zfldpt.jpg.html

PC130629_zpsf9zfldpt.jpg

Here are the pictures of the Second Set (9 pieces):

For those who are not sure about Decor molding, it is the optional molding that separates the body paint color from the black or argent lower body color. Part of the "Decor Group".

Last edited by a moderator:
Pm sent.

Mike, you wouldn't have only the Tail light panel trim that holds the panel around the filler cap?
Iyman, I have trim that holds trim panel to tail panel from a 72 Grande If Mike can't help you out. Mike

First Set (best condition):

I have one complete set (10 pieces) of Decor molding off of my 73 Convertible and another set that is missing one piece, that I purchased off of eBay back in 2008.

I purchased a reproduction set of molding back in 2010 and learned that the two front pieces are different on the 73's than the 71/72's so I reused my 2 old front pieces that are part of the valance, therefore there are two NEW moldings for the 71/72's. My old set had a bent drivers door molding, so I have used the better molding from the eBay set to make a nice complete set. I'm asking $120 plus shipping for the complete set with the two new valance pieces. The condition is very good and would be fine for a daily driver.

Second Set:

The second set, which has some rough pieces in it is also missing the left front piece that goes between the front wheel and drivers door (only 9 pieces total). That's the way I bought it off of eBay. The drivers door molding also has a bend in it (this piece is the original piece off of my car). The body shop guy that painted my car said it could be straightened but I had already bought the new repo set. This set has some rough areas and one piece has a lot of fine pitting. I believe there is a thread here on the site that talks about polishing and buffing out anodized molding.

I paid $126 with shipping for the eBay set, but felt I got ripped off at the time after I received it; so make an offer for the set missing a piece as I don't think it was worth what I paid. Not interested in breaking it up unless no one wants the 9 piece set.

The top tail light panel molding in the pictures in the second set I will sell separately for $10 plus shipping.

First I will post pictures of the complete best set. Lots of pictures so you can see what you are getting.

http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Mi... Parts for Sale/PC130629_zpsf9zfldpt.jpg.html

PC130629_zpsf9zfldpt.jpg

Here are the pictures of the Second Set (9 pieces):

For those who are not sure about Decor molding, it is the optional molding that separates the body paint color from the black or argent lower body color. Part of the "Decor Group".

Hi Mike I'm interested in the 10 piece set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, you wouldn't have only the Tail light panel trim that holds the panel around the filler cap?
Hi Iyman, I have one piece of the tail light panel molding. Not sure if it is the top or bottom (or are they interchangeable?). It has the factory rounded cutout for the Mach 1 style gas cap whereas the ones on my 73 convert are straight all the way across.

I did purchase a used set a while back to replace the ones on my car, but have not installed them yet. My top molding has two small dents just above the gas cap (my bad, bent it with a screwdriver). So I may eventually take them off. The used set has the black inset from the 71/72's so I need to get the black paint off before I install them. Here is a pic of my dents:

The piece I have is in some of the pictures with the second set of Decor Molding;

I'm looking for the top and bottom for the trailer, its one of the only pieces I'm missing to complete the project.

I think they are straight with no cutouts on my car.

Back