Special Order Black Paint 73 Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
If anyone has a special paint car and you have found your build sheet I would love to be able to get a copy to look at what the instructions on yours is. I have attached the scan of mine here.

I put a couple pictures on the interior is pretty good for original. In storage now maybe get it running next year.

David

david 73black vvert.pdf

$_12[1] (6).jpg

DSC00136.JPG

Attachments

• david 73black vvert.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 18
If anyone has a special paint car and you have found your build sheet I would love to be able to get a copy to look at what the instructions on yours is. I have attached the scan of mine here.

I put a couple pictures on the interior is pretty good for original. In storage now maybe get it running next year.

David
Hi David, Did you notice on your Marti Report, no optional racing mirrors. (May be dealer installed) Back in 1972 and 1973, when I ordered my mustangs, I WAS TOLD I COULDN'T ORDER RACING MIRRORS, on a black mustang ; So I order a green 72 and my red 73 (you seen my 73 in michican this summer) I do know for sure that the mirrors were pre painted by the supplier. I know some people will disagree my post, But my wife and I in 1973, had a VIP tour of the ASSEMBLY PLANT,I remember seeing the PRE PAINTED racing mirrors, in the supplier bins (boxes) It was very nice to meet you and your "GAL" LARRY & STARR

David
Hi David, Did you notice on your Marti Report, no optional racing mirrors. (May be dealer installed) Back in 1972 and 1973, when I ordered my mustangs, I WAS TOLD I COULDN'T ORDER RACING MIRRORS, on a black mustang ; So I order a green 72 and my red 73 (you seen my 73 in michican this summer) I do know for sure that the mirrors were pre painted by the supplier. I know some people will disagree my post, But my wife and I in 1973, had a VIP tour of the ASSEMBLY PLANT,I remember seeing the PRE PAINTED racing mirrors, in the supplier bins (boxes) It was very nice to meet you and your "GAL" LARRY & STARR
Larry,

I would think the same thing about the bumpers not able to make the right color so the argent but prove that to MCA judge. Obviously someone painted the entire car but not the drivers door jam.

The buck tag is missing also so no way to see if the mirrors were in the buck prep, they had to put the thread inserts in the doors.

When we met at the show and hotel I was in Dearborn to pick up the car then. Good to hear from you just wish I could find another member with a build sheet on a non factory color 73. 71 /72 they could use chrome bumper and not a problem. Wish we had a worker or supervisor from the line back then to answer questions.

Have a great holiday and no big snow there yet. We have spring flowers blooming and my petunias are still alive in hanging baskets. They opened some of the ski slopes here a month ago now bare grass again.

David

Back