Boss on eBay not much of it

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was another on there I think $55,000 another one of those shine it up and sell it to someone that does not know the cars. Looks like they missed all the details on it. He says in ad and video that it has 9 miles on it after restore but also says the speedometer does not work and they won't fix it you have to, lol. You can keep a car low miles a long time like that.

Wish I could sell cars like that.

David

It could already be a rebody. Without the front fender aprons there's no telling what that chassis serial # is.

That is in very ruff shape. Floorpans gone, part of the roll cage cut away and on and on...

I really hate to see one of "Our" cars in this shape. I know you can't save them all. To David's credit he is trying to save all he can! LOL I can remember these cars new on the dealer lot and how revered and respected the Boss 351 was. Now relegated to a pile of scrap good for the Vin and a handful of parts. I Agree with garrett7. With no more car than what you see there, and 18 bids already up to $1,925.00, I see a fake Boss in the future. Guess they figure with the money the Boss and 429 Mustangs are bringing, the Vin is worth bidding on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the car was last a drag car - I could appreciate it being restored to that configuration. It could be a real Boss 351 drag car. I have seen many former race cars being restored from less than that. I remember a real Shelby turned into a alcohol- motored drag car. But to restore that car to a drivable street car - probably no. But if someone wanted to make a Boss restomod.... Hmmmmm. This would be the car to do it with!

Ray

Pfffft... Totally Restorable. ;) :D :shootself:

Now - as a restomod Boss 351, totally doable for under $50K (doing a LOT of the work yourself and using repop parts), and would probably be worth it.

Faithful restoration (requiring professional assistance and demanding increasingly hard to find affordable NOS parts) would run WAY more than a high-end valued Boss 351 would actually be worth. Probably take over $100K for a faithful restoration, to only get back $60K at auction.

If the car had a winning record as a drag car, it might be worth it to restore it as a race car - which the sky's the limit on what it would cost to go down that road... with questionable return on investment as well.

$2500 is about the most I would ever consider paying for such a chunk. The only thing this car has going for it is the VIN (and maybe the glass & trim molding).

Honestly, without the shock towers, buck tag, and/or door decal, the only thing "Boss 351" on that car might just be the dash pad VIN. Lots of research would be needed to help make a decision on which direction to go with the restoration.

I've seen numbers matching restored for around 60K, not sure that I would want to invest too much into it. Nice that someone may try to bring it back but my guess that dash is going to be slapped on another frame.

What the heck is that iron fence post welded to the cage above the roof for???

Edit: Got my gears turning and I think it was hanging from a sign outside of that pizza shop pained on the rear quarter.....any other guesses?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back