What engine is this?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I was told by a friend who looked at the car. I wanted to be sure. Without the numbers matching engine it really lowers the value of the car IMHO. Thanks.
Really depends on what kind of car it is in the first place. If it started life as a plain jane Mustang the swapped engine isn't as big of a deal as if it was a 289H or a Boss or ....

I would be more concerned it isn't attached to the transmission. lollerz

That's what I was told by a friend who looked at the car. I wanted to be sure. Without the numbers matching engine it really lowers the value of the car IMHO. Thanks.
Really depends on what kind of car it is in the first place. If it started life as a plain jane Mustang the swapped engine isn't as big of a deal as if it was a 289H or a Boss or ....

I would be more concerned it isn't attached to the transmission. lollerz
The car is an Olympic Sprint Edition. I know they don't bring top dollar but if they have any value it's in being all original. This particular car is a wreck, hit from behind, dismantled and abandoned in the middle of a backyard "restoration".

Looks like a Boss 302... aren't all 302's Boss 302s??lollerz

Kinda looks like a truck 302 EFI, Mustang 5.0 had nicer valve covers on them. Interesting that eng compartment painted blue. What oil pan is on it? Fox bodies have a rear sump pan and would explain why motor is not bolted up to trans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda looks like a truck 302 EFI, Mustang 5.0 had nicer valve covers on them. Interesting that eng compartment painted blue. What oil pan is on it? Fox bodies have a rear sump pan and would explain why motor is not bolted up to trans.
I have no idea what oil pan is on the motor. I didn't see the car in person. It's 250 miles away from me in Miami. Big Blue looked at the car for me. P.S. csn you tell from this pic showing the underneath?

2m7dw1g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back