EFI article with 73 Mach 1, 351C

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I considered FAST when I installed mine however they did not support timing control at the time so I went with the MSD Atomic setup. Most of the systems offered now are basically the same so there is a good choice to select from and are pretty easy to install. That's the easy part, tuning can be a little more complicated than they make it seem on the videos. Once you figure that out and dial in the motor there is a world of difference in drive-ability and you won't want to go back to a carb. These systems are generally not recommended it you have a cam with a duration greater than 250* at .050". They don't readily mention that fact and makes drive ability unacceptable if you have a cam like this.

That's what happens when you have a shop do the installations. It's not their car and they are not concerned with what they do to get the items in. I had this happen to me when I had the shop install my first set of headers in my car. They torched off one corner of each motor mount to make enough clearance to slip the headers in. They didn't bother to lift the motor a little to get the necessary clearance. I didn't realize this until I did my rebuild and saw the motor mounts had been cut and had to replace them. The hump in the trunk floor in front of the filler tube allows you enough clearance to mount an internal pump in our tanks and install the trunk without hitting the trunk floor. The whole installation could have been done without any modifications to the body.

Back