777hp Clevo

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awsome, just gotta love a Clevo, hey Luke, lol. The power they're making now from these Cleveland/Clevor engines is phenomenal and unlike this one, a lot of 800+ HP running on pump 98 Ron fuel. I remember in the early 2000's when we had an engine making 630 HP (4V cast heads) on pump fuel and thinking, wow, now that's some serious power for the street. Nowadays that power is from a pretty much run of the mill 393-408 build with great drivability and street manners.

Yes things have come along some from when a 378 with a crane f260 was near the top of the tree for tuff Street clevos haha. Looks like there maybe a few arrow blocks around heard of a bloke getting 2 new 1s at the start of the week

This same car in the video ran a string of back to back 8.94s all at 151mph this weekend in Sydney,reckon it's consitant hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes things have come along some from when a 378 with a crane f260 was near the top of the tree for tuff Street clevos haha. Looks like there maybe a few arrow blocks around heard of a bloke getting 2 new 1s at the start of the week

This same car ran a string of back to back 8.94s all at 151mph this weekend in Sydney,reckon it's consitant hehe
Gee Luke strokers, you guys must've been rich, lol. Mate I remember stock stroke, beam polished, shot peened rods with ARP bolts, a set of TRW forgies in a 2 bolt block with drain back mods and restrictors (some even had studs, lol) A pair of 2V CC heads ported and trying to even out the pinch on the two crap ports as best as we could and matched to intake, 4V stainless valves intakes cut down to 2.12 exhaust 1.71. Machined for studs and guide plates, a set of Yella Terra rollers. An Isky Z50 solid cam and matching valve train components, a Wiend Xcellerator intake radiused in the plenum and port dividers, two inch four hole spacer, Holley 750/850 DP with some fiddling, XD type dizzy with MSD 6A box, a set of 4V Pacemaker headers.

These things ran in the mid 11 sec range with a C4/FMX with one of those old crappy 5000 RPM converters that were good for maybe 20 passes, lol (that's why most guys put in top loaders) a 9 inch with 4.11/.33/.56 gears. They were thirsty as all hell, noisey (who cares except cops) drove like a pig on the street, but my god they were fun to drive and fast in there day (roughly 25 years ago) My how times have changed

Haha love it didn't say I could afford it just that that was tip top. My mate had a Zd with a similar set up don't think it was a Z50 but the thing was narrow like 104 lobe Sep a tunnel ram and centre squirters with flogged linkages or whatever you want to call them little gears on the side.It was a pig with a capital P completely frigging painful dog and to make it worse it had 3.25 gears and a 2000rpm no name stall. F@cking horrible and then some. We had a ball in it

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats hot rodding all about - having ton of fun with friends with cars!!

Haha love it didn't say I could afford it just that that was tip top. My mate had a Zd with a similar set up don't think it was a Z50 but the thing was narrow like 104 lobe Sep a tunnel ram and centre squirters with flogged linkages or whatever you want to call them little gears on the side.It was a pig with a capital P completely frigging painful dog and to make it worse it had 3.25 gears and a 2000rpm no name stall. F@cking horrible and then some. We had a ball in it
Yeah mate we all knew of or had cars like this. They were crap to be in, hot and sweating like a ho in church on the vinyl seats, rough as guts, drank like a poet on payday, always fixing something, hassled by the cops, but they were the best times though and always had heaps of fun. Four or five mates together in the car, joking, checking out the chicks, hanging crap on each other, lining up drags with other crap boxes and spent a small fortune every weekend, between buying fuel (usually atleast two tanks a night) drinks and greasy food, we'd have a ball and do all again next weekend, lol.

Nowadays these young fellas are all dolled up and look like they spend more time in front of a mirror than any sheila, pretty boy clothes and they're all on their phones texting, taking selfies or what not. I'm sure they have competitions to see who can have the most product in their hair, lol. And the cars they have these days, A/C, power everything, comfortable, good economy, quiet. Man these guys have no idea on what they're missing out on, lol. I'd have them days again anytime.

Yes great days. That's alot of the reason I want my Monaro back. It's not a time machine but the memories it stirs are exactly as you said. Broke, too dumb to be scared, 4 or 5 of your best friends cruising about looking for fun in a car that would be considered dangerous now. Street racing, eating fish and chips at 2 in the morning while listening to AC/DC ,prowling for the local talent,4am break downs on the wrong side of town,the odd punch up. A weeks worth of this would kill me now but I am glad I got to do my share

Back