So my old car is apparently up for auction in florida

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stangace20

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 351C Gold Glow
1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
Hey guys, I know I sorta dropped out of this group once I actually sold the mach 1. But it was brought to my attention recently that the guy we sold it to has apparently decided to auction it off next month.

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/FL0116-230999/0/1972-Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-Fastback/Automatic/

Gotta say I am actually a little upset with that, probably because I would really have liked to have kept the car in the first place if circumstances had been different. But from what i can see that is DEFINITELY my car!

Since I can't buy it back I guess I can only hope someone in florida buys it and takes care of it better/longer than the other guy did :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I know I sorta dropped out of this group once I actually sold the mach 1. But it was brought to my attention recently that the guy we sold it to has apparently decided to auction it off next month.

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/FL0116-230999/0/1972-Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-Fastback/Automatic/

Gotta say I am actually a little upset with that, probably because I would really have liked to have kept the car in the first place if circumstances had been different. But from what i can see that is DEFINITELY my car!

Since I can't buy it back I guess I can only hope someone in florida buys it and takes care of it better/longer than the other guy did :(
The Mecum auction has not been kind to our cars in the past. I had looked through all the cars previously and there are lots of expensive Boss 9 and other boss cars going across the block and they will get the attention. You might get it for a steal if it is no reserve. I have restrained myself from registering for the auction but would love to go see how all the mustangs do. I will at least follow online.

David

Just checked and it sold for $23.500

....which I will admit is a few grand more than the guy paid us for it, HOWEVER he did have to pay to ship it from CA to FL on top of that. AND for the auction he would have also had to have paid a fee/percentage so I'm not too broken up about it.

I just hope it goes to someone who will take care of it and keep it for more than a year this time! (though I would like to know where it's going now)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back